Dakota Fanning Graduates From High School
Dakota Fanning is a high school student no more. The actress playing ruthless Volturi vampire Jane in the "Twilight Saga" series has graduated from North Hollywood's Campbell Hall Episcopal High School, and on Monday, June 6, she attended the graduation ceremony along with her fellow graduating classmates.
Donning a blue cap and gown and posing alongside her classmates, the 17-year-old star was spotted all smiles during the ceremony held at the Walt Disney Concert Hall in downtown Los Angeles. According to People, she was joined by her family, including younger sister Elle Fanning upon receiving her diploma.
Despite her superstar status, Dakota managed to enjoy a normal high school experience. She made the varsity cheerleading squad and was given the title of homecoming queen for two years in a row. Of her high school life, she said on the "Today Show" last fall, "I think it was really important to have the high school experience."
"I just think everyone always looks back on that time in their life," she explained. "Who was homecoming princess and [did] the cheerleading ... and all the things that go along with high school? And I wanted to have that. I'm really lucky that I found a school that allows me to do both."
It is reported that the Cherie Currie of "The Runaways" is planning to enroll in New York University this fall.
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'