Katie Couric Shares Details of Her New Show on ABC
Katie Couric is joining ABC after resigning from CBS Evening News. The alphabet has officially announced that her new daytime talk show will be launched in September 2012 and occupy "General Hospital" slot at 3 P.M.
Giving hints at the program, Couric said it will be topical and "not a news show per se". The show will still talk about hot news, but from a different approach. "If Osama bin Laden is killed, we'll talk about the training of the Navy SEALs. If there's a story about cyberbullying, we'll explain that in more detail," she explained.
The 54-year-old former anchor of "Today" went on sharing, "We want to range from serious stories to light stories and fun stories. It will reflect my interests, which hopefully will be the viewers' interests as well."
While details of the show have been shared, the title is still kept under wraps. A hint of the show's name, however, has recently been obtained as Couric's PR team Hiltzik Strategies has purchased the domain names for both TheKatieCouricShow.com and KatieTVShow.com.
Although Couric's new show will take over "General Hospital" slot, ABC has stated that it does not necessarily mean the daytime drama series will be axed. "The announcement does not mean the inevitable cancellation of 'General Hospital'," a spokesperson for the network stated. "The best way to ensure a favorite show stays on the air is to watch it."
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?