Report: Hailee Steinfeld to Get Nude in 'Romeo and Juliet'
Hailee Steinfeld is allegedly set for a seductive scene in "Romeo and Juliet". A copy of the script for the drama film obtained by Britain's Sunday Times suggests that the 14-year-old beauty, who was cast to take the female lead role, will have to strip off her clothes.
[SPOILER ALERT!] "They (Romeo and Juliet) start undressing each other - slowly, gently and carefully until they are naked," an excerpt from the screenplay read. "They are eternal figures in a Raphael painting. Romeo then carries her to bed, kissing her again and again as they explore uncharted territory. Then they make love, transported into each other's soul."
In the meantime, screenwriter Julian Fellowes explained his decision to choose Hailee, insisting that the "True Grit" actress is a perfect star to take the role. "I wanted Hailee because she is the perfect age. Juliet is at that stage of... what you might call a child/woman. Just like Hailee herself is. My version is a romantic story - one that keeps pretty true to Shakespeare but is, I hope, more accessible."
"Romeo and Juliet" revolves around the titular characters, who fall in love but their respective families are violently feuding and trying to keep them apart, leading to their tragic deaths. This Carlo Carlie-directed movie, which also has Ed Westwick and Holly Hunter take supporting roles, is expected grace theaters sometime in 2012.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story