Final Version of Kanye's 'Monster' Video Ft. Nicki Minaj and Jay-Z
Almost half a year after being leaked, Kanye West's "Monster" music video has finally made its way out in its final version. Directed by Jake Nava, the clip sees the G.O.O.D Music rapper and his male featured guests Rick Ross and Jay-Z in disturbing scenes with a lot of barely-clothed, occasionally-blood-soaking corpses.
While the males are around the dead in the dark scenes, one and the only female cameo Nicki Minaj is battling her Barbie alter ego instead. The femcee, wearing leather gear and equipping herself with a riding crop, straps her pink-wigged alter ego in a chair and the two are engaged in a psychological death match.
Last March, it was rumored that the video was long delayed because it had been banned by MTV. But the network denied it, saying they were simply "awaiting the edits we requested in order for the video to be suitable for broadcast." The video is now out with a plead which read, "The following content is in no way to be interpreted as misogynistic or negative towards any group of people. It is an art piece and it shall be taken as such."
The song is one of the singles in Kanye's latest studio album "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" which has been on sale since November 2010. Beside featuring Jay-Z, Nicki Minaj and Rick Ross, it also has Bon Iver lending his vocals.
More Kanye West News
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'
- Daniel Craig Goes Blonde for His Villain Role in 'Logan Lucky'
- Tyga Has His Ferrari Repossessed While Bentley Shopping With Kylie Jenner
- 'The Flash' Teases Flashpoint Storyline in First Official Images From Season 3
- Halsey Flashes Her Bare Crotch as She Ditches Panties for a VMA After-Party
- Marvel Developing 'New Warriors' Comedy Series Featuring Squirrel Girl
- Mark Hamill Shaves His Jedi Beard and Hints at His Return to 'Star Wars Episode IX'
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2