MTV NOT Banning Kanye West's 'Monster' Video, Only Asking for Editing
Kanye West's gory music video for his all-star single "Monster" has been out since last year, but it hasn't been played on MTV. This led to speculation that the music network banned the video featuring Jay-Z and Nicki Minaj, but the report was quickly dismissed.
"MTV has not banned Kanye West's 'Monster' video," MTV issued a statement. "We have been in constant communication with the label regarding this matter. However, we are still awaiting the edits we requested in order for the video to be suitable for broadcast."
"Monster" music video is directed by Jake Nava. It's filled with disturbing scenes with a lot of barely-clothed, occasionally-blood-soaking corpses. "[He] sells his albums based on the aggregate of controversy and buzz," understanding John Legend said.
The song is one of the singles in Kanye's latest studio album "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" which has been on sale since November 2010. Beside featuring Jay-Z and Minaj, it also has Rick Ross and Bon Iver lending their vocals.
As of press time, Kanye and his camp haven't commented on the matter.
More Kanye West News
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera