MTV NOT Banning Kanye West's 'Monster' Video, Only Asking for Editing
Kanye West's gory music video for his all-star single "Monster" has been out since last year, but it hasn't been played on MTV. This led to speculation that the music network banned the video featuring Jay-Z and Nicki Minaj, but the report was quickly dismissed.
"MTV has not banned Kanye West's 'Monster' video," MTV issued a statement. "We have been in constant communication with the label regarding this matter. However, we are still awaiting the edits we requested in order for the video to be suitable for broadcast."
"Monster" music video is directed by Jake Nava. It's filled with disturbing scenes with a lot of barely-clothed, occasionally-blood-soaking corpses. "[He] sells his albums based on the aggregate of controversy and buzz," understanding John Legend said.
The song is one of the singles in Kanye's latest studio album "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" which has been on sale since November 2010. Beside featuring Jay-Z and Minaj, it also has Rick Ross and Bon Iver lending their vocals.
As of press time, Kanye and his camp haven't commented on the matter.
More Kanye West News
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl