MTV NOT Banning Kanye West's 'Monster' Video, Only Asking for Editing
Kanye West's gory music video for his all-star single "Monster" has been out since last year, but it hasn't been played on MTV. This led to speculation that the music network banned the video featuring Jay-Z and Nicki Minaj, but the report was quickly dismissed.
"MTV has not banned Kanye West's 'Monster' video," MTV issued a statement. "We have been in constant communication with the label regarding this matter. However, we are still awaiting the edits we requested in order for the video to be suitable for broadcast."
"Monster" music video is directed by Jake Nava. It's filled with disturbing scenes with a lot of barely-clothed, occasionally-blood-soaking corpses. "[He] sells his albums based on the aggregate of controversy and buzz," understanding John Legend said.
The song is one of the singles in Kanye's latest studio album "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" which has been on sale since November 2010. Beside featuring Jay-Z and Minaj, it also has Rick Ross and Bon Iver lending their vocals.
As of press time, Kanye and his camp haven't commented on the matter.
More Kanye West News
- Harry Styles Stops His Concert to Pay Tribute to Victims of Manchester Bombing
- Jack Kesy Rumored to Play Tom Cassidy in 'Deadpool 2'
- The Great War Is Coming in First Trailer for 'Game of Thrones' Season 7
- First Look at Benicio Del Toro and Laura Dern, Captain Phasma Unmasked in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts