MTV NOT Banning Kanye West's 'Monster' Video, Only Asking for Editing
Kanye West's gory music video for his all-star single "Monster" has been out since last year, but it hasn't been played on MTV. This led to speculation that the music network banned the video featuring Jay-Z and Nicki Minaj, but the report was quickly dismissed.
"MTV has not banned Kanye West's 'Monster' video," MTV issued a statement. "We have been in constant communication with the label regarding this matter. However, we are still awaiting the edits we requested in order for the video to be suitable for broadcast."
"Monster" music video is directed by Jake Nava. It's filled with disturbing scenes with a lot of barely-clothed, occasionally-blood-soaking corpses. "[He] sells his albums based on the aggregate of controversy and buzz," understanding John Legend said.
The song is one of the singles in Kanye's latest studio album "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" which has been on sale since November 2010. Beside featuring Jay-Z and Minaj, it also has Rick Ross and Bon Iver lending their vocals.
As of press time, Kanye and his camp haven't commented on the matter.
More Kanye West News
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism
- Elle Fanning Turns Her Dream Into Reality in New 'Leap!' Trailer
- This Is What Bella Thorne Does When Asked If Scott Disick Is a Sex Addict
- Bye Exes Feud! Nicki Minaj Is 'Happily Moving On' With Nas
- Jay-Z Shares '4:44' Dramatic Trailer Titled 'Kill Jay Z'
- Katy Perry Breaks Silence on Orlando Bloom's Nude Photos, Claims He Tried to Get Her Naked Too