MTV NOT Banning Kanye West's 'Monster' Video, Only Asking for Editing
Kanye West's gory music video for his all-star single "Monster" has been out since last year, but it hasn't been played on MTV. This led to speculation that the music network banned the video featuring Jay-Z and Nicki Minaj, but the report was quickly dismissed.
"MTV has not banned Kanye West's 'Monster' video," MTV issued a statement. "We have been in constant communication with the label regarding this matter. However, we are still awaiting the edits we requested in order for the video to be suitable for broadcast."
"Monster" music video is directed by Jake Nava. It's filled with disturbing scenes with a lot of barely-clothed, occasionally-blood-soaking corpses. "[He] sells his albums based on the aggregate of controversy and buzz," understanding John Legend said.
The song is one of the singles in Kanye's latest studio album "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" which has been on sale since November 2010. Beside featuring Jay-Z and Minaj, it also has Rick Ross and Bon Iver lending their vocals.
As of press time, Kanye and his camp haven't commented on the matter.
More Kanye West News
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says