2011 MTV Movie Awards: Robert Pattinson and Justin Bieber Are Early Winners
The star-studded MTV Movie Awards has been officially kicked off by a "Hangover" parody played by Jason Sudeikis and Chelsea Handler. The "Saturday Night Live" cast member then appeared on stage to deliver a monologue which pokes fun at young couple Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez as well as Lady GaGa among other.
Next, "Friends with Benefits" couple Justin Timberlake and Mila Kunis came on to the stage and laughed off their dating rumor by feeling each other up to prove how "platonic" they are. The two actors announced the winner for Best Male Performance and it was presented to Robert Pattinson for his portrayal as vampire Edward in "The Twilight Saga's Eclipse".
He beat his "Twilight Saga" co-star Taylor Lautner, Jesse Eisenberg ("The Social Network"), Zac Efron ("Charlie St. Cloud"), Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I"). "I really didn't think I was going to win," he said when collecting the Golden Popcorn. "I hope to see you all again next year."
Steve Carell, Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling took the stage to present Best Villain to Tom Felton for his role as sneering and pompous Draco Malfoy. He won over Christoph Waltz ("The Green Hornet"), Leighton Meester ("The Roommate"), Mickey Rourke ("Iron Man 2") and Ned Beatty ("Toy Story 3"). "This is very cool. This will look very nice in my downstairs toilet," he said before adding that the final movie is worth the wait.
The third trophy of the evening was given to Bieber ("Justin Bieber: Never Say Never") by Danny McBride, Aziz Ansari and Nick Swardson. The Canadian singer won Best Jaw Dropping Moment, pushing aside James Franco ("127 Hours"), Leonardo DiCaprio and Ellen Page ("Inception"), Natalie Portman and Steve-O ("Jackass 3D"). Humbled by his win, Bieber said, "I couldn't let down my fans."
- 'Rambo' Gets 'New Blood' Remake Without Sylvester Stallone
- Listen to Alessia Cara's 'Moana' Song 'How Far I'll Go'
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photo Hacker Sentenced to 18 Months in Jail
- Kid Cudi Reacts to Drake's Diss Track: 'Say It to My Face, P*ssy'
- First Look at New Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant' Leaks
- Alec Baldwin Accused of Tax Evasion
- John Mayer Names His New Album 'The Search for Everything'
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover