Paramount Pictures to Adapt 'The Mighty'
Paramount Pictures has reportedly acquired the rights for "The Mighty", a graphic novel published by DC Comic. While most DC comics usually go to Warner Bros. Pictures, Paramount has successfully struck the deal to bring the comic to the big screen under their umbrella.
Deadline reports that Mary Parent, Cale Boyter and J.C. Spink will team up to serve as the producers for the forthcoming movie. However, the director and cast members are yet to be announced.
Originally created by Peter J. Tomasi and Keith Champagne, "The Mighty" follows Alpha One, the only superhero in the world who turns out to be a different person he was meant to be. A mortal human cop Gabriel Cole, who was saved by Alpha One during his childhood, uncovers a bitter truth that the superhero plans to "put them on a collision course of an ordinary man versus a super-man".
Recently, Paramount Pictures has distributed another superhero film "Thor" in early May. The studio will release "Super 8" and "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" in June.
- Nick Jonas Caught Enjoying a Date Night With a Mystery Blonde
- The Next 'X-Men' Sequel May Be Directed by Simon Kinberg
- Jimmy Kimmel Will Try His Best to Keep Matt Damon Off Oscars' Stage
- Prince Harry Plans to Move to the U.S. Once He Marries Meghan Markle
- Ed Sheeran Covers Little Mix's 'Touch' in Radio 1's Live Lounge
- Blonde Justin Bieber Enjoys Sunbathing in Acapulco - See the Pics
- 'Game of Thrones' Actor Alfie Allen to Join 'The Predator'
- Ben Affleck Moves Back in With Jennifer Garner Amid Divorce Rumors