Paramount Pictures to Adapt 'The Mighty'
Paramount Pictures has reportedly acquired the rights for "The Mighty", a graphic novel published by DC Comic. While most DC comics usually go to Warner Bros. Pictures, Paramount has successfully struck the deal to bring the comic to the big screen under their umbrella.
Deadline reports that Mary Parent, Cale Boyter and J.C. Spink will team up to serve as the producers for the forthcoming movie. However, the director and cast members are yet to be announced.
Originally created by Peter J. Tomasi and Keith Champagne, "The Mighty" follows Alpha One, the only superhero in the world who turns out to be a different person he was meant to be. A mortal human cop Gabriel Cole, who was saved by Alpha One during his childhood, uncovers a bitter truth that the superhero plans to "put them on a collision course of an ordinary man versus a super-man".
Recently, Paramount Pictures has distributed another superhero film "Thor" in early May. The studio will release "Super 8" and "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" in June.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked