Paramount Pictures to Adapt 'The Mighty'
Paramount Pictures has reportedly acquired the rights for "The Mighty", a graphic novel published by DC Comic. While most DC comics usually go to Warner Bros. Pictures, Paramount has successfully struck the deal to bring the comic to the big screen under their umbrella.
Deadline reports that Mary Parent, Cale Boyter and J.C. Spink will team up to serve as the producers for the forthcoming movie. However, the director and cast members are yet to be announced.
Originally created by Peter J. Tomasi and Keith Champagne, "The Mighty" follows Alpha One, the only superhero in the world who turns out to be a different person he was meant to be. A mortal human cop Gabriel Cole, who was saved by Alpha One during his childhood, uncovers a bitter truth that the superhero plans to "put them on a collision course of an ordinary man versus a super-man".
Recently, Paramount Pictures has distributed another superhero film "Thor" in early May. The studio will release "Super 8" and "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" in June.
- Florida Georgia Line to Perform With The Chainsmokers at the 2017 CMT Music Awards
- Scott Disick Can't Keep His Hands Off Bella Thorne During Intimate Vacation in Cannes
- Ellen DeGeneres to Make Stand-Up Return in Netflix Comedy Special
- Bella Hadid Turns Heads in Daring Dress as She Debuts Short Bangs at Perfume Launch in Italy
- 'Top Gun 2' May Be Directed by Joseph Kosinski, Val Kilmer May Return
- Ariana Grande Postpones European Tour Through June 5 After Manchester Bombing
- A Hero Returns in Darkness in Netflix's 'Castlevania' First Teaser
- Bikini-Clad Ariel Winter Flashes Her Butt as She Kisses Beau Levi Meaden in PDA-Filled Pic