Paramount Pictures to Adapt 'The Mighty'
Paramount Pictures has reportedly acquired the rights for "The Mighty", a graphic novel published by DC Comic. While most DC comics usually go to Warner Bros. Pictures, Paramount has successfully struck the deal to bring the comic to the big screen under their umbrella.
Deadline reports that Mary Parent, Cale Boyter and J.C. Spink will team up to serve as the producers for the forthcoming movie. However, the director and cast members are yet to be announced.
Originally created by Peter J. Tomasi and Keith Champagne, "The Mighty" follows Alpha One, the only superhero in the world who turns out to be a different person he was meant to be. A mortal human cop Gabriel Cole, who was saved by Alpha One during his childhood, uncovers a bitter truth that the superhero plans to "put them on a collision course of an ordinary man versus a super-man".
Recently, Paramount Pictures has distributed another superhero film "Thor" in early May. The studio will release "Super 8" and "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" in June.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'