Lance Armstrong Wants CBS to Apologize for Shoddy Journalism
Because his reputation was put on jeopardy after CBS' report, Lance Armstrong sent the network a letter in which he demands an apology. The cyclist was exposed by his former teammate Tyler Hamilton of using performance-enhancing drugs while competing at Tour de Suisse in 2001, and Lance is not taking this issue lightly.
In the letter which was sent by his lawyers John W. Keker and Elliot Peters, Lance said that CBS' "60 Minutes" was using shoddy journalist in the May 22 segment. The team accused the newsmagazine of reporting "demonstrable falsehood that you recklessly presented, and then bolstered with other untrue assertions and facts taken out of context."
Lance's other attorney said last week, "CBS chose to rely on dubious sources while completely ignoring Lance's nearly 500 clean tests and the hundreds of former team-mates and competitors who would have spoken about his work ethic and talent."
Tyler, who tested positive for banned drugs twice during his career, said he saw Lance taking the same drugs but got covered for the competition. In Lance's defense, Switzerland's anti-doping laboratory head Martial Saugy denied that the professional biker had tested positive for drugs in 2001.
"A record of all positive tests recorded during that race demonstrates that Mr. Armstrong did not test positive," the lawyers said in the letter to CBS News Chairman Jeff Fager. "Had there been a positive test, it would be easy to prove."
- Kanye West Surprises Kim Kardashian With Huge Flower Bouquets Again for Wedding Anniversary
- Peek-a-Boob! Pamela Anderson Flaunts Famous Cleavage in Slashed Gown in Monaco
- Ben Stiller and Christine Taylor Announce Split After 17 Years of Marriage
- Ariana Grande Shares Emotional Letter, Announces Manchester Benefit Concert: 'We Won't Let Hate Win'
- 'Paddington 2' Gets a January 2018 Release Date
- Madonna Is 'Getting Serious' With Her New Toy Boy
- Is Angelina Jolie Adopting More Children Following Brad Pitt Divorce?
- Is Kim Kardashian Exiting 'KUWTK' for Politics?