Lance Armstrong Wants CBS to Apologize for Shoddy Journalism
Because his reputation was put on jeopardy after CBS' report, Lance Armstrong sent the network a letter in which he demands an apology. The cyclist was exposed by his former teammate Tyler Hamilton of using performance-enhancing drugs while competing at Tour de Suisse in 2001, and Lance is not taking this issue lightly.
In the letter which was sent by his lawyers John W. Keker and Elliot Peters, Lance said that CBS' "60 Minutes" was using shoddy journalist in the May 22 segment. The team accused the newsmagazine of reporting "demonstrable falsehood that you recklessly presented, and then bolstered with other untrue assertions and facts taken out of context."
Lance's other attorney said last week, "CBS chose to rely on dubious sources while completely ignoring Lance's nearly 500 clean tests and the hundreds of former team-mates and competitors who would have spoken about his work ethic and talent."
Tyler, who tested positive for banned drugs twice during his career, said he saw Lance taking the same drugs but got covered for the competition. In Lance's defense, Switzerland's anti-doping laboratory head Martial Saugy denied that the professional biker had tested positive for drugs in 2001.
"A record of all positive tests recorded during that race demonstrates that Mr. Armstrong did not test positive," the lawyers said in the letter to CBS News Chairman Jeff Fager. "Had there been a positive test, it would be easy to prove."
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media