'Cougar Town' to Get New Title With Fans' Help
"Cougar Town" is likely to get a new name for season 3. Creator Bill Lawrence revealed the plans via Twitter, writing on Friday, May 27, "Screw it. I'm changing it (if Kevin's cool w it. Someone ask him for me). Seriously, we just decided. Will use fans to help w new title."
Lawrence and fellow showrunner Kevin Biegel had considered to change the title before season 2 because it did not reflect the premise of the show anymore. "We thought we'd do campy show about woman re-entering world," Lawrence said of the title which he and Biegel picked. "Now 'Cougar Town' is show about adult friendships and drinking. And it's called 'Cougar Town'. I hate myself."
However, they failed to find an alternative that was worth the potential damage to the branding. Instead, they mocked it throughout season 2, featuring title cards like "100% Cougar Free" and "New Year's Resolution: Embrace our stupid title and lose six pounds!"
Before he made up his mind to get a new title for the show, Lawrence planned to continue mocking it in the upcoming season. "If 'Cougar Town' stays the show's title, we plan to mock it until the end of time because we hate it so much," he told TVLine.
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'