'Cougar Town' to Get New Title With Fans' Help
"Cougar Town" is likely to get a new name for season 3. Creator Bill Lawrence revealed the plans via Twitter, writing on Friday, May 27, "Screw it. I'm changing it (if Kevin's cool w it. Someone ask him for me). Seriously, we just decided. Will use fans to help w new title."
Lawrence and fellow showrunner Kevin Biegel had considered to change the title before season 2 because it did not reflect the premise of the show anymore. "We thought we'd do campy show about woman re-entering world," Lawrence said of the title which he and Biegel picked. "Now 'Cougar Town' is show about adult friendships and drinking. And it's called 'Cougar Town'. I hate myself."
However, they failed to find an alternative that was worth the potential damage to the branding. Instead, they mocked it throughout season 2, featuring title cards like "100% Cougar Free" and "New Year's Resolution: Embrace our stupid title and lose six pounds!"
Before he made up his mind to get a new title for the show, Lawrence planned to continue mocking it in the upcoming season. "If 'Cougar Town' stays the show's title, we plan to mock it until the end of time because we hate it so much," he told TVLine.
- Kylie Jenner and PARTYNEXTDOOR Spotted 'Making Out' at Drake's Party
- 'X-Men' Show 'Legion' Gets Series Order at FX. See the First Picture!
- Rolling Stones' Ronnie Wood Welcomes Twins at Age 68
- Tyga's New Lady Demi Rose Tries to Copy Kylie Jenner by Wearing Similar Strappy Bikini
- Shawn Mendes Teases His Upcoming Album
- Kim Kardashian Visits Snapchat Office. See Some Exclusive Filters She Gets!
- Alicia Keys Goes Makeup Free, Pens Powerful Essay About Overcoming Her Insecurities
- Simon Cowell and His Snarky Comments Make Return on 'America's Got Talent' Season 11 Premiere