'Cougar Town' to Get New Title With Fans' Help
"Cougar Town" is likely to get a new name for season 3. Creator Bill Lawrence revealed the plans via Twitter, writing on Friday, May 27, "Screw it. I'm changing it (if Kevin's cool w it. Someone ask him for me). Seriously, we just decided. Will use fans to help w new title."
Lawrence and fellow showrunner Kevin Biegel had considered to change the title before season 2 because it did not reflect the premise of the show anymore. "We thought we'd do campy show about woman re-entering world," Lawrence said of the title which he and Biegel picked. "Now 'Cougar Town' is show about adult friendships and drinking. And it's called 'Cougar Town'. I hate myself."
However, they failed to find an alternative that was worth the potential damage to the branding. Instead, they mocked it throughout season 2, featuring title cards like "100% Cougar Free" and "New Year's Resolution: Embrace our stupid title and lose six pounds!"
Before he made up his mind to get a new title for the show, Lawrence planned to continue mocking it in the upcoming season. "If 'Cougar Town' stays the show's title, we plan to mock it until the end of time because we hate it so much," he told TVLine.
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame