'Cougar Town' to Get New Title With Fans' Help
"Cougar Town" is likely to get a new name for season 3. Creator Bill Lawrence revealed the plans via Twitter, writing on Friday, May 27, "Screw it. I'm changing it (if Kevin's cool w it. Someone ask him for me). Seriously, we just decided. Will use fans to help w new title."
Lawrence and fellow showrunner Kevin Biegel had considered to change the title before season 2 because it did not reflect the premise of the show anymore. "We thought we'd do campy show about woman re-entering world," Lawrence said of the title which he and Biegel picked. "Now 'Cougar Town' is show about adult friendships and drinking. And it's called 'Cougar Town'. I hate myself."
However, they failed to find an alternative that was worth the potential damage to the branding. Instead, they mocked it throughout season 2, featuring title cards like "100% Cougar Free" and "New Year's Resolution: Embrace our stupid title and lose six pounds!"
Before he made up his mind to get a new title for the show, Lawrence planned to continue mocking it in the upcoming season. "If 'Cougar Town' stays the show's title, we plan to mock it until the end of time because we hate it so much," he told TVLine.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie