'Cougar Town' to Get New Title With Fans' Help
"Cougar Town" is likely to get a new name for season 3. Creator Bill Lawrence revealed the plans via Twitter, writing on Friday, May 27, "Screw it. I'm changing it (if Kevin's cool w it. Someone ask him for me). Seriously, we just decided. Will use fans to help w new title."
Lawrence and fellow showrunner Kevin Biegel had considered to change the title before season 2 because it did not reflect the premise of the show anymore. "We thought we'd do campy show about woman re-entering world," Lawrence said of the title which he and Biegel picked. "Now 'Cougar Town' is show about adult friendships and drinking. And it's called 'Cougar Town'. I hate myself."
However, they failed to find an alternative that was worth the potential damage to the branding. Instead, they mocked it throughout season 2, featuring title cards like "100% Cougar Free" and "New Year's Resolution: Embrace our stupid title and lose six pounds!"
Before he made up his mind to get a new title for the show, Lawrence planned to continue mocking it in the upcoming season. "If 'Cougar Town' stays the show's title, we plan to mock it until the end of time because we hate it so much," he told TVLine.
- Eight Times Chrissy Teigen Makes Us ROTFL
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle May 'Get Married Somewhere Private and Elope'
- O.J. Simpson Could Be Denied Parole After Caught Masturbating in Cell
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Leaked Photo Reveals Spider-Man and Doctor Strange's Scene
- John McCain Is Diagnosed With Brain Cancer, Politicians Send Support
- Adele Is Struggling to Write New Album Because She Isn't 'Depressed' Enough
- Yoo Seung Ho Reveals He Enlisted to Military Because He Didn't Like Acting
- Meet Guillermo del Toro's Newest Creature in Dreamy First Trailer for 'The Shape of Water'