Estella Warren Won't Be Charged for Escaping Police Custody
Estella Warren made headlines less than a week ago when she tried to escape police custody after being arrested for driving under the influence. Law enforcement sources, however, have just informed TMZ that police won't pursue felony escape charge against the "Planet of the Apes" actress because of a major technicality.
Accordingly, the former Victoria's Secret model had not yet been booked at the time she slipped out of her handcuffs and attempted to flee a Los Angeles police station. That means she technically did not commit felony escape. Though avoiding the felony escape charge, she is still facing charges for assault, hit and run and DUI.
Estella got herself in a trouble with the law late Monday night, May 23. She was arrested under suspicion of DUI after allegedly hitting three parked cars and driving away. When the police got to her, she resisted arrest and even kicked an officer. During the booking process in a police station, she managed to get out of her handcuffs and escape through a back door.
Police was quick to recapture the former fashion model, who has also appeared on "Kangaroo Jack" and "The Cooler", and transported her back to the station. She was released on Tuesday, May 24 with a $100,000 bail.
- 'The Bachelorette: Men Tell All': Luke Reveals His Biggest Regret, Nick Challenges Chad to a Fight
- Kim Zolciak and Her Daughter Brielle Sport Huge Pouts After Trip to Plastic Surgeon
- Mariah Carey Casually Throws Shade at the Kardashians. See What She Says
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Producers Plead Guilty Over Harrison Ford's Accident
- Diplo Confirms Usher, Sam Hunt and Travi$ Scott Collabs for Major Lazer's New Album
- Lindsay Lohan Apologizes for Instagram Rant, Isn't Sure She Can Fix Relationship With Fiance
- AMC Renews 'Turn' for Fourth and Final Season
- Keshia Knight Pulliam's Husband Ed Hartwell Files for Divorce, Wants Paternity Test