Estella Warren Won't Be Charged for Escaping Police Custody
Estella Warren made headlines less than a week ago when she tried to escape police custody after being arrested for driving under the influence. Law enforcement sources, however, have just informed TMZ that police won't pursue felony escape charge against the "Planet of the Apes" actress because of a major technicality.
Accordingly, the former Victoria's Secret model had not yet been booked at the time she slipped out of her handcuffs and attempted to flee a Los Angeles police station. That means she technically did not commit felony escape. Though avoiding the felony escape charge, she is still facing charges for assault, hit and run and DUI.
Estella got herself in a trouble with the law late Monday night, May 23. She was arrested under suspicion of DUI after allegedly hitting three parked cars and driving away. When the police got to her, she resisted arrest and even kicked an officer. During the booking process in a police station, she managed to get out of her handcuffs and escape through a back door.
Police was quick to recapture the former fashion model, who has also appeared on "Kangaroo Jack" and "The Cooler", and transported her back to the station. She was released on Tuesday, May 24 with a $100,000 bail.
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective
- Too Fat! Top Doc Says Mariah Carey Risks Heart Disease After Ballooning to 263 Pounds
- Girls' Generation's Tae Yeon and Hyoyeon Call Out NCT Stalkers on Instagram Story
- Jon Hamm Is a Hologram Husband in Eerie Trailer for Sci-Fi 'Marjorie Prime'
- Kendall Jenner Tries to Win Harry Styles Back by Posting Racy Photos on Social Media
- One Dead, Seven Injured After Ride Malfunctions at Ohio State Fair