Lauren Alaina Rejected Three Times by 'America's Got Talent'
Lauren Alaina finished second on "American Idol", but her talent apparently could not help her get a place on "America's Got Talent". The 16-year-old revealed, after Piers Morgan called her a better singer than "Idol" winner Scotty McCreery, that she auditioned for his show twice but got rejected.
"I got second place, you denied me!" she told Piers when they both appeared as guests on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" on Thursday, May 26. The British journalist was shocked by the revelation, and Lauren affirmed, "I swear. Look it up...I didn't make it past the first round."
Piers exclaimed, "This is a scandal," before admitting it is embarrassing. "This is now what Americans call... this is awkward," he continued saying. "I'm going to get these producers! The moment this finishes, I'm getting them!"
Lauren, however, has a lesson to share from her experience. "So, for all of the people who try out for 'America's Got Talent' and don't make it, try out for 'American Idol'!" she announced to the audience.
Soon after Lauren made the shocking revelation, Piers took to his Twitter to share more mortifying news. He wrote, "CORRECTION: My #nbcagt producers just told me it's wrong that @LAlainaAI10 was rejected twice for the show. Apparently it was three times!"
"America's Got Talent" itself will return for season 6 on Tuesday, May 31.
Lauren Alaina on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno":
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby