Lauren Alaina Rejected Three Times by 'America's Got Talent'
Lauren Alaina finished second on "American Idol", but her talent apparently could not help her get a place on "America's Got Talent". The 16-year-old revealed, after Piers Morgan called her a better singer than "Idol" winner Scotty McCreery, that she auditioned for his show twice but got rejected.
"I got second place, you denied me!" she told Piers when they both appeared as guests on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" on Thursday, May 26. The British journalist was shocked by the revelation, and Lauren affirmed, "I swear. Look it up...I didn't make it past the first round."
Piers exclaimed, "This is a scandal," before admitting it is embarrassing. "This is now what Americans call... this is awkward," he continued saying. "I'm going to get these producers! The moment this finishes, I'm getting them!"
Lauren, however, has a lesson to share from her experience. "So, for all of the people who try out for 'America's Got Talent' and don't make it, try out for 'American Idol'!" she announced to the audience.
Soon after Lauren made the shocking revelation, Piers took to his Twitter to share more mortifying news. He wrote, "CORRECTION: My #nbcagt producers just told me it's wrong that @LAlainaAI10 was rejected twice for the show. Apparently it was three times!"
"America's Got Talent" itself will return for season 6 on Tuesday, May 31.
Lauren Alaina on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno":
- Britney Spears and Tinashe Share Photo From 'Slumber Party' Video Shoot
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
- Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early and Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie