'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 8 Premiere Is Most-Watched Debut in 4 Years
"So You Think You Can Dance" season 8 two-hour premiere opened the broadcast primetime summer with a win for FOX. The first episode aired on Thursday, May 26 was seen by 9.1 million viewers, making it the most-watched premiere in four years.
It was also up 7% compared to last season's debut in the 18-49 demographic for a 3.2 rating. In fact, it was the highest-rated premiere in three years for the dancing competition which has just welcomed Mary Murphy back on the judge chair.
On the first day of primetime's summer stretch, other networks' slates were filled with reruns. CBS, for an example, averaged a 1.7 rating with 8.0 million viewers for reruns of "The Big Bang Theory", "Rules of Engagement", "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" and "The Mentalist".
Reruns of "Wipeout" and "Rookie Blue" delivered a 1.0 rating with 4.1 million viewers for ABC. Meanwhile, NBC averaged a 0.9 rating with 2.4 million viewers for reruns of its Thursday night comedy line-up, including "Community", "30 Rock" and "The Office".
- Mariah Carey's Fiance James Packer Grabs Her Boob While Partying in Italy
- 'The Bachelorette': JoJo Picks Final Two After Ruining a Suitor's Fantasy Suite Date
- Justin Bieber and Cody Simpson's Unreleased Song 'Stay Together' Surfaces Online
- 'He's a Dirty Dog!' Sharon Osbourne Blasts Ozzy for Comments on Their Marriage
- Katharine McPhee and Boyfriend Elyes Gabel Call It Quits After Two Years
- Demi Lovato Speaks on Mental Illness, Performs 'Confident' at DNC Opening Night
- Lindsay Lohan Responds to Relationship Drama After Accusing Fiance of Strangling Her
- Britney Spears, U2, Drake, Ariana Grande Lead an Amazing 2016 iHeartRadio Music Festival Line-Up