'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 8 Premiere Is Most-Watched Debut in 4 Years
"So You Think You Can Dance" season 8 two-hour premiere opened the broadcast primetime summer with a win for FOX. The first episode aired on Thursday, May 26 was seen by 9.1 million viewers, making it the most-watched premiere in four years.
It was also up 7% compared to last season's debut in the 18-49 demographic for a 3.2 rating. In fact, it was the highest-rated premiere in three years for the dancing competition which has just welcomed Mary Murphy back on the judge chair.
On the first day of primetime's summer stretch, other networks' slates were filled with reruns. CBS, for an example, averaged a 1.7 rating with 8.0 million viewers for reruns of "The Big Bang Theory", "Rules of Engagement", "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" and "The Mentalist".
Reruns of "Wipeout" and "Rookie Blue" delivered a 1.0 rating with 4.1 million viewers for ABC. Meanwhile, NBC averaged a 0.9 rating with 2.4 million viewers for reruns of its Thursday night comedy line-up, including "Community", "30 Rock" and "The Office".
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri