'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 8 Premiere Is Most-Watched Debut in 4 Years
"So You Think You Can Dance" season 8 two-hour premiere opened the broadcast primetime summer with a win for FOX. The first episode aired on Thursday, May 26 was seen by 9.1 million viewers, making it the most-watched premiere in four years.
It was also up 7% compared to last season's debut in the 18-49 demographic for a 3.2 rating. In fact, it was the highest-rated premiere in three years for the dancing competition which has just welcomed Mary Murphy back on the judge chair.
On the first day of primetime's summer stretch, other networks' slates were filled with reruns. CBS, for an example, averaged a 1.7 rating with 8.0 million viewers for reruns of "The Big Bang Theory", "Rules of Engagement", "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" and "The Mentalist".
Reruns of "Wipeout" and "Rookie Blue" delivered a 1.0 rating with 4.1 million viewers for ABC. Meanwhile, NBC averaged a 0.9 rating with 2.4 million viewers for reruns of its Thursday night comedy line-up, including "Community", "30 Rock" and "The Office".
More So You Think You Can Dance News
- Cathriona White's Letter Reveals Jim Carrey Called Her a 'Whore' and Gave Her STDs
- 50 Cent Starts 'Empire' Feud With Taraji P. Henson, Jussie Smollett Also Weighs In
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush
- Angelina Jolie's Ambition to Become a Head of the UN Might Cause Split From Brad Pitt
- Taylor Swift Debuts New Haircut, Parties With Gwyneth Paltrow, Mick Jagger at Liberty Ross' Birthday
- Watch Performances From Rihanna, Demi Lovato, Chris Martin and More at Global Citizen Festival 2016
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!