'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 8 Premiere Is Most-Watched Debut in 4 Years
"So You Think You Can Dance" season 8 two-hour premiere opened the broadcast primetime summer with a win for FOX. The first episode aired on Thursday, May 26 was seen by 9.1 million viewers, making it the most-watched premiere in four years.
It was also up 7% compared to last season's debut in the 18-49 demographic for a 3.2 rating. In fact, it was the highest-rated premiere in three years for the dancing competition which has just welcomed Mary Murphy back on the judge chair.
On the first day of primetime's summer stretch, other networks' slates were filled with reruns. CBS, for an example, averaged a 1.7 rating with 8.0 million viewers for reruns of "The Big Bang Theory", "Rules of Engagement", "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" and "The Mentalist".
Reruns of "Wipeout" and "Rookie Blue" delivered a 1.0 rating with 4.1 million viewers for ABC. Meanwhile, NBC averaged a 0.9 rating with 2.4 million viewers for reruns of its Thursday night comedy line-up, including "Community", "30 Rock" and "The Office".
More So You Think You Can Dance News
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift