Dad Sends Amy Winehouse Back to Rehab
Amy Winehouse is back seeking treatment for "alcohol addiction" at a prestigious rehab center in U.K., the Priory Clinic. The 27-year-old checked into the facility on Wednesday, May 25, mainly on her father's suggestion.
"Her dad sat her down and said 'I think you're drinking too much again.' So she agreed to go an assessment to stop it becoming a bigger problem," a source told People, adding that Amy gulped on a small bottle of Smirnoff vodka on the way to the clinic "in typical Amy style".
The singer's people released a statement saying, "She wants to be ready for performances in Europe this summer and decided to seek an assessment. She will remain at the Priory on doctors' advice." Her series of summer gigs in Europe will begin on June 18.
"She's determined, and this is all off her own back," said the source. "It's just a lapse. There are ups and downs on the road, and there have been mostly ups recently. But this is a down and she's done the right thing and gone to rehab."
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'