Dad Sends Amy Winehouse Back to Rehab
Amy Winehouse is back seeking treatment for "alcohol addiction" at a prestigious rehab center in U.K., the Priory Clinic. The 27-year-old checked into the facility on Wednesday, May 25, mainly on her father's suggestion.
"Her dad sat her down and said 'I think you're drinking too much again.' So she agreed to go an assessment to stop it becoming a bigger problem," a source told People, adding that Amy gulped on a small bottle of Smirnoff vodka on the way to the clinic "in typical Amy style".
The singer's people released a statement saying, "She wants to be ready for performances in Europe this summer and decided to seek an assessment. She will remain at the Priory on doctors' advice." Her series of summer gigs in Europe will begin on June 18.
"She's determined, and this is all off her own back," said the source. "It's just a lapse. There are ups and downs on the road, and there have been mostly ups recently. But this is a down and she's done the right thing and gone to rehab."
- Ivanka Trump's Brother-In-Law Joshua Kushner Joined Women's March on Washington
- Like It or Not, Donald Trump's Inauguration Draws Second Biggest Ratings in 36 Years
- Madonna Defends 'Blowing Up the White House' Remark as Secret Service Is Planning to Investigate Her
- Is 'Once Upon a Time' Preparing a Musical Episode in Season 6?
- 'Split' Tops Domestic Box Office, 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Hits $1 Billion Worldwide
- Possible First Look at Superman's Black Suit in 'Justice League' Unveiled
- The Weeknd's 'Starboy' Stays at No. 1, The xx's 'I See You' Nabs Second Place on Billboard 200
- Keke Palmer Accuses Trey Songz of 'Sexual Intimidation' for Including Her in His Video