Dad Sends Amy Winehouse Back to Rehab
Amy Winehouse is back seeking treatment for "alcohol addiction" at a prestigious rehab center in U.K., the Priory Clinic. The 27-year-old checked into the facility on Wednesday, May 25, mainly on her father's suggestion.
"Her dad sat her down and said 'I think you're drinking too much again.' So she agreed to go an assessment to stop it becoming a bigger problem," a source told People, adding that Amy gulped on a small bottle of Smirnoff vodka on the way to the clinic "in typical Amy style".
The singer's people released a statement saying, "She wants to be ready for performances in Europe this summer and decided to seek an assessment. She will remain at the Priory on doctors' advice." Her series of summer gigs in Europe will begin on June 18.
"She's determined, and this is all off her own back," said the source. "It's just a lapse. There are ups and downs on the road, and there have been mostly ups recently. But this is a down and she's done the right thing and gone to rehab."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival