Princess Beatrice's Royal Wedding Hat Sells for Over $130K
The pink pretzel hat Princess Beatrice wore to the royal wedding has been sold for more than $130,000. Bidding for the Philip Treacy's creation on eBay was put to an end on Sunday, May 22 with the final bid standing at GBP81,100.01 or roughly around $131,341. The identity of the winner hasn't been revealed.
Proceeds from the sale will be donated to the United Nations Children's Fund, UNICEF, and the British charity Children in Crisis via Princess Beatrice's Little Bee Initiative campaign. The daughter of Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson herself said in a statement on the auction website, "I hope whoever wins the auction has as much fun with the hat as I have."
Designer Phillip Treacy has also expressed his excitement over the auction. "I've been surprised by the overwhelming response to 'the hat!' I'm delighted, flattered and touched by HRH Princess Beatrice's decision to donate the hat to charity," he wrote. "I hope that people all over the world will be generous and that this hat will benefit many. 'A hat is a symbol of positivity.' "
Princess Beatrice set tongue wagging when she wore the headpiece to the April 29 wedding of Prince William and Catherine Middleton. The splashy tea rose silk hat has spawned numerous blog posts including a Facebook page, "Princess Beatrice's ridiculous royal wedding hat," which has a following of more than 143,000 fans.
- Rihanna Accused of Disrespecting Queen Elizabeth
- Ireland Baldwin Celebrates Earth Day by Going Topless - See the Pic!
- Dan Stevens Is Open to Another 'Beauty and the Beast' Film
- Jealous Kim Kardashian Planning to Outshine Beyonce by Getting Pregnant Again
- Watch Lady GaGa's Emotional Tribute to Cancer-Stricken Friend During Coachella Performance
- Rob Kardashian's Not Ready to Give Up on His 'Unhealthy' Relationship With Blac Chyna
- New Photo of 'Once Upon a Time' Musical Episode Gives First Look at the Groom
- Mel B's Ex Stephen Belafonte Begs Her for Money