Booth and Brennan's Future After Shocking 'Bones' Season Finale Discussed
"Bones" season 6 ended with a big change to Booth and Brennan's relationship. The two engaged in a sex in the penultimate episode and found out that they are expecting in the season finale. Assuring fans that it was not a dream, exec producer Stephen Nathan says, "There is no alternate reality. What you see is what you get. They are having a baby. She is pregnant with his child. She [slept with] him in the previous episode and this was the outcome."
Although Booth and Brennan are now a full-fledged couple and expectant parents, Nathan insists that they "are essentially the same exact characters." He elaborates, "They're going to disagree on everything they disagreed about before, including how to approach their lives together, religion, family and now how to approach having a child."
Another issue that might cause an argument between Booth and Brennan are their different opinions about settling down. While Booth has always wanted to get married, Brennan is not a fan of marriage. Nathan says, "These still remain," before adding, "The tension that has existed in their relationship up to this point will continue." Nathan, however, does not rule out a wedding for the couple, stating "That will be addressed and not resolved in the season premiere."
Asked if Booth and Brennan will be living together when the show returns for a new season, Nathan teases, "That will be addressed in Season 7. When we open in Season 7, it's not Ozzie and Harriet." He goes on explaining, "It's not a perfect little domestic family situation. They haven't figured out where they're living, how they're living and what their future is."
While Brennan's pregnancy seems to be built around Emily Deschanel's pregnancy, Nathan claims the story would be the same even if the actress had not been pregnant in real life. "This was something that we had been discussing even before Emily found out she was pregnant," he says. "It's very difficult to find a way to deal with two characters who everybody knows should be together without embracing what everybody calls the Moonlighting curse."
"Bones" has been renewed for a seventh season and will return every Thursday in the fall. A spin-off, "The Finder", has been picked to sub for "Bones" when Emily Deschanel takes a maternity leave.
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones