Release Date for Universal's 'Snow White and the Huntsman' Moved Up
Developing a film with a theme similar to Relativity's upcoming movie, Universal Pictures is seemingly planning to take audience to the fantasy world before Relativity. Universal has announced that "Snow White and the Huntsman" has been moved up to June 1, 2012, which means the movie will hit U.S. theaters ahead of Relativity's "Snow White", which is slated to make its way out nationwide on June 29, 2012.
"Snow White and the Huntsman" was previously due December 21, 2012. The studio, however, claimed that the "adjustments to the production timeline" had helped the film, which stars Kristen Stewart and Chris Hemsworth, ready to hit theaters in summer next year.
"As Rupert and Joe were finalizing casting and preproduction of Snow White and the Huntsman, we realized that the ambitious and fully-formed world they had promised was blowing away all expectations," said Universal Chairman Adam Fogelson and Co-Chairman Donna Langley in a joint statement. "We're thrilled that Universal will be bringing this singular version of a timeless story almost seven months earlier than anticipated."
The press release also confirmed that "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" actor Sam Claflin will join Stewart and Hemsworth in the "Snow White" film. He has been rumored to be cast as the prince charming.
A directorial debut from Rupert Sanders, the movie will present a twisted story from the original book. While in Grimm's fairy tale Snow White seems fragile, in the big screen version Snow White could fight and defend herself against the evil queen under the guidance of the huntsman.
In the meantime, Relativity's "Snow White" will follow the titular character who bands together with a gang of even quarrelsome dwarfs to reclaim what is rightly hers after her evil stepmother kills her father and destroys the kingdom. The Tarsem Singh-directed film has Lily Collins take the female lead role, and Julia Roberts star as the evil queen.
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly
- A Party Fit for Mother Monster! Get Details of Lady GaGa's Star-Studded Birthday Bash
- Jennifer Lawrence and Darren Aronofsky Are Getting More Serious, Despite Their 22-Year Age Gap
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'