'Pirates' Actor to Be Prince Charming in 'Snow White and the Huntsman'
"Snow White and the Huntsman" has found its prince charming. Deadline reports that Universal Pictures has added rising star Sam Claflin to the cast ensemble to take the role of the prince in the re-imagining of the fairy tale.
If indeed a deal is signed, Claflin will star opposite Kristen Stewart, who takes the lead female role. Charlize Theron, in the meantime, will play the evil queen. Recently, Chris Hemsworth has been rumored eying the huntsman character.
Claflin made notable appearances on 2010's "The Pillars of the Earth" and "Any Human Heart". He has wrapped up the filming of his big screen debut through "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides", playing Philip Swift. Claflin will also star opposite Jeff Bridges in forthcoming movie "The Seventh Son".
"Snow White and the Huntsman" will present a twisted story from the original book. While in Grimm's fairy tale Snow White seems fragile, in the movie version Snow White could fight and defend herself against the evil queen under the guidance of the huntsman. Rupert Sanders is making his directorial debut through the movie which will be released on December 21, 2012.
- 'Simpsons' Creator Matt Groening's New Animated Show 'Disenchantment' Coming to Netflix
- Robert Pattinson Addresses Relationship With FKA twigs: We're Still 'Kind of' Engaged
- Meghan Markle Wants to Have Twins With Prince Harry
- Did Justin Bieber Cancel Tour Due to Religious Reasons?
- Leonardo DiCaprio Brings 'The Right Stuff' TV Adaptation to National Geographic
- Is Celine Dion Dating Backup Dancer Pepe Munoz?
- 'Wonder Woman 2' Gets Release Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Kristen Stewart and Stella Maxwell Crash a Same-Sex Wedding to Everyone's Delight