'Pirates' Actor to Be Prince Charming in 'Snow White and the Huntsman'
"Snow White and the Huntsman" has found its prince charming. Deadline reports that Universal Pictures has added rising star Sam Claflin to the cast ensemble to take the role of the prince in the re-imagining of the fairy tale.
If indeed a deal is signed, Claflin will star opposite Kristen Stewart, who takes the lead female role. Charlize Theron, in the meantime, will play the evil queen. Recently, Chris Hemsworth has been rumored eying the huntsman character.
Claflin made notable appearances on 2010's "The Pillars of the Earth" and "Any Human Heart". He has wrapped up the filming of his big screen debut through "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides", playing Philip Swift. Claflin will also star opposite Jeff Bridges in forthcoming movie "The Seventh Son".
"Snow White and the Huntsman" will present a twisted story from the original book. While in Grimm's fairy tale Snow White seems fragile, in the movie version Snow White could fight and defend herself against the evil queen under the guidance of the huntsman. Rupert Sanders is making his directorial debut through the movie which will be released on December 21, 2012.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story