'Pirates' Actor to Be Prince Charming in 'Snow White and the Huntsman'
"Snow White and the Huntsman" has found its prince charming. Deadline reports that Universal Pictures has added rising star Sam Claflin to the cast ensemble to take the role of the prince in the re-imagining of the fairy tale.
If indeed a deal is signed, Claflin will star opposite Kristen Stewart, who takes the lead female role. Charlize Theron, in the meantime, will play the evil queen. Recently, Chris Hemsworth has been rumored eying the huntsman character.
Claflin made notable appearances on 2010's "The Pillars of the Earth" and "Any Human Heart". He has wrapped up the filming of his big screen debut through "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides", playing Philip Swift. Claflin will also star opposite Jeff Bridges in forthcoming movie "The Seventh Son".
"Snow White and the Huntsman" will present a twisted story from the original book. While in Grimm's fairy tale Snow White seems fragile, in the movie version Snow White could fight and defend herself against the evil queen under the guidance of the huntsman. Rupert Sanders is making his directorial debut through the movie which will be released on December 21, 2012.
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'