FOX Picks Up 'Finder' and 'Alcatraz, Cancels 'Human Target', 'Lie to Me' and 3 Others
FOX picks up four new series for the 2011-2012 season. They are "The Finder", "Alcatraz", "The New Girl" and "I Hate My Teenage Daughter". "Finder" is the long-talked "Bones" spin-off which centers on a military-trained "finder" (Geoff Stults) who helps locate lost items or persons in the Florida Keys.
"Alcatraz" is a crime drama which comes from J.J. Abrams' Bad Robot Prods. and Warner Bros. TV. It revolves around Alcatraz and the team investigating the mysterious reappearance of its 1960s inhabitants in the present.
"The New Girl" and "I Hate My Teenage Daughter" are both comedy. The former stars Zooey Deschanel as an unlucky-in-love school teacher who becomes roommates with three guys: a man-child, a player and a cynic, while the latter features Jaime Pressly and follows two women who have daughters resembling the girls who once picked on them in high school.
To make room for these new shows, FOX removes five other series from its current line-up. On Tuesday, May 10, the network announced the cancellation of drama "Human Target" and "Lie to Me", as well as freshmen "Breaking In", "Traffic Light" and "The Chicago Code".
Earlier the same day, FOX renewed "House M.D." for an eighth season. Also returning for a new season are "Family Guy", "The Cleveland Show", "The Simpsons", "Raising Hope", "Bones", "Fringe" and "Glee".
The official line-up of FOX's fall schedule is set to be unveiled on Monday, May 16 during its annual upfront presentation in New York.
More FOX News
- Antonio Banderas Reveals Suffering From Heart Attack
- Harry Styles Teases First Solo Single and Books Release Date
- Liam Payne and Cheryl Welcome Baby Boy - See the Baby's Pic!
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'