The Situation Officially Gets 'Jersey Shore' Spin-Off
As expected, Mike Sorrentino aka The Situation lands his own show after "Jersey Shore" fame. He is the latest, after Snooki, JWoww and DJ Pauly D, to sign a deal with MTV to star in a spin-off which pilot presentation will be filmed later this year.
"I'm excited to continue my relationship with MTV, which has been home for me for the last couple of years," he said in a statement. "I'm really grateful for all the support from my fans. Hopefully, there will be plenty more situations in the future." It is yet clear what kind of subject he would be filming.
Previously, MTV exec Chris Linn told THR that the spinoffs will not harm the original one. "I think it allows us to expand out from the base of Jersey Shore without taking away from what Jersey Shore is. They would continue to be involved in any potential future cycles of 'Jersey Shore'," Linn said.
Pauly D's career as a DJ would be captured by cameras while Snooki and JWoww living under the same roof would be the duo's main attraction. Both are expected to premiere next year.
- Tiny Harris Fake Facebook Stirs Up Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Affair Rumor
- Michael Bay Has Initial Idea for an R-Rated 'Bumblebee' Spin-Off
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Gets Animated in Bizarre Video for 'Sick Love'
- Mariah Carey's New Boyfriend Bryan Tanaka Admits He's 'Always Had a Thing' for Her
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Promises 'Refreshing' 'Celebrity Apprentice' in New Sneak Peek
- 'Last Tango in Paris' Rape Scene Backlash Is 'Ridiculous,' Says Bernardo Bertolucci
- Jimmy Kimmel's Wife Molly McNearney Is Pregnant With Their Second Child
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4