Kelly Clarkson Confirmed to Duet With Chris Daughtry
Kelly Clarkson has recorded a joint track with fellow "American Idol" alum Chris Daughtry, it was confirmed. Pop/rock singer/songwriter Richard Marx revealed the duet during a recent interview with 95.5 PLJ.
Richard said the song is titled "One More Yesterday" and he has songwriting credit on it. "I've heard the rough mix of it, and the singing can't be beat, between the two of them," the 47-year-old musician further spilled the beans about the project.
Back in 2008, Kelly and Chris were rumored to record a duet. However, a source claimed the plan was scrapped because the label was not satisfied with the result. The two singers then tried to hook up in other songs that might have worked, but they reportedly were forced to cancel it as well.
This new duet reportedly will be included in Kelly's upcoming studio album. The rumor arose since Kelly herself has stated publicly that her new album will contain a duet with someone that fans have wanted to see her singing with for quite some time.
Kelly won't release the new album until September this year. On Facebook, she apologized over the delay, "I realize that is a long time but that's the best time to release it apparently so I'm sorry for the wait but I promise you it sounds great!"
More Kelly Clarkson News
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?