Kelly Clarkson Confirmed to Duet With Chris Daughtry
Kelly Clarkson has recorded a joint track with fellow "American Idol" alum Chris Daughtry, it was confirmed. Pop/rock singer/songwriter Richard Marx revealed the duet during a recent interview with 95.5 PLJ.
Richard said the song is titled "One More Yesterday" and he has songwriting credit on it. "I've heard the rough mix of it, and the singing can't be beat, between the two of them," the 47-year-old musician further spilled the beans about the project.
Back in 2008, Kelly and Chris were rumored to record a duet. However, a source claimed the plan was scrapped because the label was not satisfied with the result. The two singers then tried to hook up in other songs that might have worked, but they reportedly were forced to cancel it as well.
This new duet reportedly will be included in Kelly's upcoming studio album. The rumor arose since Kelly herself has stated publicly that her new album will contain a duet with someone that fans have wanted to see her singing with for quite some time.
Kelly won't release the new album until September this year. On Facebook, she apologized over the delay, "I realize that is a long time but that's the best time to release it apparently so I'm sorry for the wait but I promise you it sounds great!"
More Kelly Clarkson News
- Find Out What Ji Chang Wook Wants to Achieve Before Military Enlistment
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility
- Shia LaBeouf and Mia Goth Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Does Kim Know? Kanye West Caught Leaving Studio With Nearly Naked Woman
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'