Lady GaGa to Premiere Uncut 'Judas' Music Video on May 5
There will be two music videos premiered for Lady GaGa's controversial single "Judas". One is a director's cut which is going to make its debut on May 4, and the other is an uncut version which will follow it the next day on E! News. "Loaded with biblical imagery and religious overtones, the clip is sure to provoke controversy and conversation," E! Online reported.
"It's fantastic to have GaGa back at E! for the debut of 'Judas'," said Suzanne Kolb, President of Marketing, News and Online for E! and Style. "She's an incredible talent and pop culture icon and we're excited to work with her and Interscope once again to bring our viewers this highly anticipated premiere."
Co-directed by GaGa and her choreographer Laurianne Gibson, the video is to visualize "metaphor of forgiveness and betrayal", the message carried in the single. The outspoken singer is going to play Mary Magdalene, and actor Norman Reedus is set to portray Judas.
"The video, in essence, suggests that [pauses] forgiveness and betrayal are hand in hand and that... how do I say this? The video puts destiny above all things and postures that the mistakes in your life are in fact not mistakes at all, they are just part of your overarching potential and your destiny."
GaGa continued, "I want to allow the video to speak for itself but I will say that the theme of the video and the way that I wanted to aesthetically portray the story was as a motorcycle Fellini movie where the apostles are revolutionaries in a modern-day Jerusalem."
More Lady GaGa News
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed