'Zorro' Reboot to Be Set in Future
Rumor has it, "Zorro" will get a reboot which is tentatively called "Zorro Reborn". Unlike the previous "Zorro" films whose story was based on the historical setting, the upcoming movie will reportedly be set in the future.
24 Frames reported that 20th Century Fox is developing "Zorro Reborn" with a plot set in a desolate and post-apocalyptic time. The site also mentioned, "In this version, Zorro will be less a caped crusader for justice than a one-man vigilante force bent on revenge, in a western story that has echoes of both Sergio Leone and 'No Country for Old Men'. "
"Zorro Reborn" is expected to provide a juicy lead role for a young actor. Lee Shipman and Brian McGreevy, the screenwriters behind the "Dracula" reboot "Harker" at Warner Bros. Pictures, will provide the script for the forthcoming film.
In the meantime, Rpin Suwannath will helm the project. Suwannath has previously worked as a previsualization specialist in a number of films, including "The Matrix" sequels and some "X-Men" films including soon-to-be-released "X-Men: First Class".
Zorro was first brought to big screen in 1998 with "The Mask of Zorro". It features Anthony Hopkins as aging Don Diego de la Vega who passes the whip to a young misfit (Antonio Banderas), who in turn becomes the new Zorro. The second film, entitled "The Legend of Zorro", was released in 2005.
More Z News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal