First Official Set Photo of 'The Avengers' Released
After camera officially started rolling for "The Avengers" on Monday, April 25, the first set photo of the Joss Whedon-directed film has been released. The photo does not feature any actors involved in the movie, but it shows chairs emblazoned with some characters' names, and a S.H.I.E.L.D. logo in the background.
Coming with the newly released picture is an announcement that the production started in Albuquerque, New Mexico, and will continue in Cleveland, Ohio and New York City. It is additionally confirmed that Tom Hiddleston and Stellan Skarsgard will be reprising their "Thor" roles as Loki and Professor Erik.
On the same occasion, Marvel also issued a brief summary of "The Avengers". The message read, " 'The Avengers' is the super hero team up of a lifetime. When an unexpected enemy emerges that threatens global safety and security, Nick Fury, director of the international peacekeeping agency known as S.H.I.E.L.D., finds himself in need of a team to pull the world back from the brink of disaster."
In the meantime, Paul Bettany has confirmed that he will be a part of "The Avengers" as well. In a recent interview, Bettany stated he will provide voice for J.A.R.V.I.S. He said, "Yes, I am involved in this project. Don't know when we will start though, usually they call me when they're almost finished with the movie, so we will see where this goes."
Based on Marvel comic, "The Avengers" is produced by Kevin Feige. Alan Fine, Stan Lee, Louis D'Esposito, Patty Whitcher, and Jon Favreau team up to executive produce the film. The movie is set for May 4, 2012 release across the nation.
In addition to the actors mentioned beforehand, Robert Downey Jr. will also appear in the movie as Tony Stark a.k.a Iron Man. Chris Hemsworth will star as Thor, with Chris Evans as Captain America, Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow, Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson, and Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury. Meanwhile, Jeremy Renner will take the role of Hawkeye, with Mark Ruffalo as Hulk.
More The Avengers News
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen