Pics and Video of Chris Evans Filming 'Captain America' in Manhattan
Chris Evans has done a last-minute shooting for superhero film "Captain America: The First Avenger". The actor, who portrays Steve Rogers a.k.a. Captain America, was seen filming the Marvel comics-adapted movie at Times Square, Manhattan, on Saturday, April 23, just two months before the film is released. Samuel L. Jackson, who plays Nick Fury, also appeared on set in his black costume.
There is growing speculation that the filming was intended for the movie's post-credits scene where Evan's character travels from the 1940s to present day. Additionally, Worst Previews reported that the scene will feature Steve Rogers overwhelmed by the chaos of modern New York.
"Captain America" has actually started the production in summer 2010 in England. The movie will focus on the early days of the Marvel Universe when military service washout Steve Rogers volunteers for a top secret research project that turns him into Captain America and tries to fit in his new image.
As Captain America, Rogers joins forces with Bucky Barnes (Sebastian Stan) and Peggy Carter (Hayley Atwell). Their quest is to wage war on the evil Hydra organization, led by the villainous Red Skull (Hugo Weaving).
Also supporting the Paramount Pictures movie are the likes of Toby Jones, Dominic Cooper, Tommy Lee Jones, and Stanley Tucci. Meanwhile, Joe Johnston serves behind the lens, with Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely writing the script. The film will hit U.S. theaters on July 22.
In the meantime, another Marvel movie "The Avengers" in which Captain America will also appear will start shooting on April 25. On Sunday, director Joss Whedon posted a message which read, "Tomorrow we start shooting (I THINK I'm legally permitted to say that). Day one. That's right. We'll be shooting the pivotal death/betrayal/product placement/setting up the sequel/coming out scene, at the following address:", but then the message went off the rail.
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7