Pics and Video of Chris Evans Filming 'Captain America' in Manhattan
Chris Evans has done a last-minute shooting for superhero film "Captain America: The First Avenger". The actor, who portrays Steve Rogers a.k.a. Captain America, was seen filming the Marvel comics-adapted movie at Times Square, Manhattan, on Saturday, April 23, just two months before the film is released. Samuel L. Jackson, who plays Nick Fury, also appeared on set in his black costume.
There is growing speculation that the filming was intended for the movie's post-credits scene where Evan's character travels from the 1940s to present day. Additionally, Worst Previews reported that the scene will feature Steve Rogers overwhelmed by the chaos of modern New York.
"Captain America" has actually started the production in summer 2010 in England. The movie will focus on the early days of the Marvel Universe when military service washout Steve Rogers volunteers for a top secret research project that turns him into Captain America and tries to fit in his new image.
As Captain America, Rogers joins forces with Bucky Barnes (Sebastian Stan) and Peggy Carter (Hayley Atwell). Their quest is to wage war on the evil Hydra organization, led by the villainous Red Skull (Hugo Weaving).
Also supporting the Paramount Pictures movie are the likes of Toby Jones, Dominic Cooper, Tommy Lee Jones, and Stanley Tucci. Meanwhile, Joe Johnston serves behind the lens, with Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely writing the script. The film will hit U.S. theaters on July 22.
In the meantime, another Marvel movie "The Avengers" in which Captain America will also appear will start shooting on April 25. On Sunday, director Joss Whedon posted a message which read, "Tomorrow we start shooting (I THINK I'm legally permitted to say that). Day one. That's right. We'll be shooting the pivotal death/betrayal/product placement/setting up the sequel/coming out scene, at the following address:", but then the message went off the rail.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences