Lindsay Lohan to See Dead People When Doing Community Service
Lindsay Lohan could expect to see some dead bodies when performing her ordered community service. Ordered to 480 hours of community service for violating her DUI probation, the "Labor Pains" actress is set to serve 120 hours of the sentence at the Los Angeles County Department of Coroner's facility.
About what the 24-year-old will do at the morgue, Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter spilled to E! News, "She'll be doing community service, janitorial and maintenance work, mainly cleaning the bathrooms, vacuuming, and a little everything." He added, "She won't be touching bodies but she'll likely see them."
Lindsay is expected to begin her day at 8 A.M. and finished up at 4 P.M. with one hour off for lunch. Judge Stephanie Sautner, who dropped the sentence, hopes that the stint at the morgue will do good for the troubled actress since she will get first-hand look at DUI victims. Still, this isn't her first spending time in a morgue. Back in 2008, she completed a DUI program that required her to spend two, 4-hour days there.
As for the remaining 360 hours of her community service order, the "Machete" actress will perform it at the Downtown Women's Center, a homeless shelter located in Los Angeles' Skid Row. She has to enroll herself in the two programs of community services within a week and is given the order to complete both in a year.
On Good Friday, April 22, Judge Stephanie Sautner reduced Lindsay's felony theft charge for allegedly stealing a $2,500 necklace down to a misdemeanor, but ruled the "Mean Girls" actress was violating her 2007 DUI probation. For that, the judge sentenced her to 120 days in jail in addition to the community service.
Later that night, Lindsay was released from Lynwood Correctional Facility after posting a $75,000 bond, and will remain free on bail pending an appeal of her jail sentence. She is to stand trial on a reduced misdemeanor charge of stealing the pricey necklace on June 3, and is expected to return to court for a hearing May 11.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered