Lindsay Lohan to See Dead People When Doing Community Service
Lindsay Lohan could expect to see some dead bodies when performing her ordered community service. Ordered to 480 hours of community service for violating her DUI probation, the "Labor Pains" actress is set to serve 120 hours of the sentence at the Los Angeles County Department of Coroner's facility.
About what the 24-year-old will do at the morgue, Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter spilled to E! News, "She'll be doing community service, janitorial and maintenance work, mainly cleaning the bathrooms, vacuuming, and a little everything." He added, "She won't be touching bodies but she'll likely see them."
Lindsay is expected to begin her day at 8 A.M. and finished up at 4 P.M. with one hour off for lunch. Judge Stephanie Sautner, who dropped the sentence, hopes that the stint at the morgue will do good for the troubled actress since she will get first-hand look at DUI victims. Still, this isn't her first spending time in a morgue. Back in 2008, she completed a DUI program that required her to spend two, 4-hour days there.
As for the remaining 360 hours of her community service order, the "Machete" actress will perform it at the Downtown Women's Center, a homeless shelter located in Los Angeles' Skid Row. She has to enroll herself in the two programs of community services within a week and is given the order to complete both in a year.
On Good Friday, April 22, Judge Stephanie Sautner reduced Lindsay's felony theft charge for allegedly stealing a $2,500 necklace down to a misdemeanor, but ruled the "Mean Girls" actress was violating her 2007 DUI probation. For that, the judge sentenced her to 120 days in jail in addition to the community service.
Later that night, Lindsay was released from Lynwood Correctional Facility after posting a $75,000 bond, and will remain free on bail pending an appeal of her jail sentence. She is to stand trial on a reduced misdemeanor charge of stealing the pricey necklace on June 3, and is expected to return to court for a hearing May 11.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Single 'Kiss the Sky' Off His 'Platinum Hits' Album
- Hayes Grier Shares Photo From Hospital, Assures Fans He's 'Good' After Dirt Bike Crash
- Constance Wu Slams 'Great Wall' for Whitewashing: Our Heroes Don't Look Like Matt Damon
- Zachary Quinto Addresses Engagement Speculations and Wedding Plans to Miles McMillan
- Justin Bieber Teases 'Cold Water' Video as the Major Lazer Collab Hits No. 1 on U.K. Chart
- See Tyler Hoechlin's Superman in Action in 'Supergirl' Set Videos
- Did Tyler Posey Just Come Out as Gay on Snapchat?
- Fans Defend Malia Obama Amidst Backlash for Attending Lollapalooza Instead of DNC