Lindsay Lohan Sentenced to 120 Days in Jail for Violating Probation
Lindsay Lohan is going back to jail. On Good Friday afternoon, April 22, Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Stephanie Sautner ruled that the troubled actress has violated her 2007 DUI probation stemming from her alleged necklace theft back in January, and thus sentenced her to120 days in jail.
Judge Sautner also ordered 24-year-old Lindsay to serve 480 hours of community service, including 360 hours at a downtown Los Angeles women's center where, the judge said, "perhaps then she will see women who are truly needy and might change her behavior". Additionally, she is required complete another 120 hours of community service at the Los Angeles County morgue.
Lindsay reportedly looked confused and distressed when taken into custody at the Los Angeles courthouse. Her lawyer Shawn Holley immediately filed a notice of appeal. The "Machete" actress is expected to post $75,000 bond on the probation violation at the jail, and be freed.
Earlier on Friday, Judge Sautner reduced Lindsay's felony theft charge down to a misdemeanor. Nonetheless, the judge stated that the evidence suggested that the actress meant to steal the necklace. "If in fact it was an accident, she could have called the store back," she said. "I see the intent here and I see the level of brazenness with 'let me see what I can get away with.' "
Lindsay is to stand trial on a reduced misdemeanor charge of stealing a $2,500 necklace on June 3. Before that, she is still expected to return to court for a hearing May 11.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage
- Pennywise the Clown Preys on Kids in 'It' Teaser Trailer
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill