NBC's Rep Denies Cutting Royal Wedding Coverage
NBC said it's false when one claimed that the network is planning to cut back the number of Royal Wedding coverage because Prince William and fiancee Kate Middleton are simply too boring. The real plan was to air a few segments in the wake of the April 29 wedding including a documentary of the couple's childhood, but an NBC source said, "The US public's interest was not what they thought. Kate and Prince William are both really boring."
Some sources then told NY Post that they cut half of the pre-taped footage in fear that "it's not going to rate well". It was said that "Dateline" preferred to air a two-hour "instant documentary" on the wedding day which is comprised of footage from the ceremony.
A rep for NBC denied the story, saying in a statement, "This could not be more false - NBC News has the most aggressive and comprehensive coverage of the royal wedding, as you will see when you tune in to 'Today' starting Friday at 4 a.m. to 'Dateline' at 9 p.m. and on MSNBC, Telemundo, etc." The rep added, "This has been the plan from the beginning ...Cheerio!"
NBC Universal is known for its "aggressive and comprehensive coverage", sending all of its "Today" hosts to report live from the U.K., scheduling live updates from London for the Weather Channel and hosting "Watch What Happens Live: Royal Wedding Spectacular" with Andy Cohen.
More Prince William News
- 'Legends of Tomorrow' Actor Johnathon Schaech Wants to Be the Next Wolverine
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake Presents Rihanna With Video Vanguard Award
- MTV VMAs 2016: Jimmy Fallon Appears Onstage as Ryan Lochte, Throws Major Shade at Him
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Leads Full List of Winners With Six Trophies
- MTV VMAs 2016: Future Performs 'F**k Up Some Commas', Nick Jonas Brings 'Bacon'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Reenacts 'Lemonade' Visuals, Britney Spears Slays 'Make Me'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Alicia Keys Goes Make Up Free as She Honors MLK With a Poem
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech