'Britain's Got Talent' First Stand-Out: Michael Collings
"Britain's Got Talent" has found 19-year-old IT engineer Michael Collings. The fifth series was kicked off on Saturday, April 16 with a few great talents such as Collings who amazed the judges with his rendition of Tracy Chapman's "Fast Car".
Two factors backed up the popularity of Collings. First is an inspiring story of how he wants to put his family together for a better future and second is his Susan Boyle-like appearance. Collings said in the pre-show interview that he lives in a caravan with his parents and is looking forward to provide for his fiancee Sarah and their baby son. "It would be such a relief not to have to worry about money all the time like we do now," he said.
Coming in an orange sweater, Collings was not the typical act that the audience usually give love to. Paul Potts, Susan Boyle, Diversity and other previous series stand-outs had proven in the past that a guy strumming a guitar was less popular, but Collings may have a chance. "There's all this hype about me now so if I get through then I've got to come up with something special," he promised.
The first audition also admitted a dog show, a guy who can pop his eyes out of his head, a husband and wife who play with bells, a 53-year-old dancer and a child comedian.
- New 'Jumanji' Movie Will Center on Video Game Instead of Magical Board Game
- Calvin Harris Announces New Single Featuring Pharrell, Ariana Grande and Young Thug
- New Boyfriend? Ellie Goulding Spotted Getting Cozy With Athlete Caspar Jopling
- 'The Flash' 3.19 Preview: Meet Future Barry Allen
- Natalie Portman Will Portray Bull Rider in 'Bronco Belle'
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 4: Coaches Round Out Teams of 8. See Who Makes the Cut!
- Missing His Family? Brad Pitt 'Secretly Joined' Angelina Jolie and Kids on Recent Cambodia Trip
- First Gloomy Footage of 'Annihilation' Is Screened at CinemaCon