'Britain's Got Talent' First Stand-Out: Michael Collings
"Britain's Got Talent" has found 19-year-old IT engineer Michael Collings. The fifth series was kicked off on Saturday, April 16 with a few great talents such as Collings who amazed the judges with his rendition of Tracy Chapman's "Fast Car".
Two factors backed up the popularity of Collings. First is an inspiring story of how he wants to put his family together for a better future and second is his Susan Boyle-like appearance. Collings said in the pre-show interview that he lives in a caravan with his parents and is looking forward to provide for his fiancee Sarah and their baby son. "It would be such a relief not to have to worry about money all the time like we do now," he said.
Coming in an orange sweater, Collings was not the typical act that the audience usually give love to. Paul Potts, Susan Boyle, Diversity and other previous series stand-outs had proven in the past that a guy strumming a guitar was less popular, but Collings may have a chance. "There's all this hype about me now so if I get through then I've got to come up with something special," he promised.
The first audition also admitted a dog show, a guy who can pop his eyes out of his head, a husband and wife who play with bells, a 53-year-old dancer and a child comedian.
- Watch John Boyega Pilot a Jaeger in 'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Teaser Promo
- 'American Horror Story' Season 7 Official Title and Teaser Are Unveiled
- Comic-Con: 'Teen Wolf' Season 6B Debuts New Trailer, Dylan O'Brien Makes Surprise Panelist
- Comic-Con: 'Stargate' Is Revived With Prequel Series on Digital Platform
- Linkin Park Releases 'Talking to Myself' Video Before Reports of Chester Bennington's Death - Watch
- Braless Ariel Winter Flaunts Major Sideboob in Barely-There Top
- Comic-Con: 'Marvel's Inhumans' Trailer Shows Medusa's Power and Ellen Woglom's Mystery Character
- Kevin Hart Denies Cheating Accusations: 'It's Absolutely Not True'