'Britain's Got Talent' First Stand-Out: Michael Collings
"Britain's Got Talent" has found 19-year-old IT engineer Michael Collings. The fifth series was kicked off on Saturday, April 16 with a few great talents such as Collings who amazed the judges with his rendition of Tracy Chapman's "Fast Car".
Two factors backed up the popularity of Collings. First is an inspiring story of how he wants to put his family together for a better future and second is his Susan Boyle-like appearance. Collings said in the pre-show interview that he lives in a caravan with his parents and is looking forward to provide for his fiancee Sarah and their baby son. "It would be such a relief not to have to worry about money all the time like we do now," he said.
Coming in an orange sweater, Collings was not the typical act that the audience usually give love to. Paul Potts, Susan Boyle, Diversity and other previous series stand-outs had proven in the past that a guy strumming a guitar was less popular, but Collings may have a chance. "There's all this hype about me now so if I get through then I've got to come up with something special," he promised.
The first audition also admitted a dog show, a guy who can pop his eyes out of his head, a husband and wife who play with bells, a 53-year-old dancer and a child comedian.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group