'Britain's Got Talent' First Stand-Out: Michael Collings
"Britain's Got Talent" has found 19-year-old IT engineer Michael Collings. The fifth series was kicked off on Saturday, April 16 with a few great talents such as Collings who amazed the judges with his rendition of Tracy Chapman's "Fast Car".
Two factors backed up the popularity of Collings. First is an inspiring story of how he wants to put his family together for a better future and second is his Susan Boyle-like appearance. Collings said in the pre-show interview that he lives in a caravan with his parents and is looking forward to provide for his fiancee Sarah and their baby son. "It would be such a relief not to have to worry about money all the time like we do now," he said.
Coming in an orange sweater, Collings was not the typical act that the audience usually give love to. Paul Potts, Susan Boyle, Diversity and other previous series stand-outs had proven in the past that a guy strumming a guitar was less popular, but Collings may have a chance. "There's all this hype about me now so if I get through then I've got to come up with something special," he promised.
The first audition also admitted a dog show, a guy who can pop his eyes out of his head, a husband and wife who play with bells, a 53-year-old dancer and a child comedian.
More Britain's Got Talent News
- Lisa Marie Presley Splits From Michael Lockwood After 10 Years of Marriage
- Kylie Jenner Kisses Tyga in This Sexy Photobooth Pic
- Daniel Radcliffe Is 'Leaving Room' to Play 'Harry Potter' Again in the Future
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors