'Glee' to Feature Rebecca Black's 'Friday' in Prom Episode
Not only Lady GaGa, but also Rebecca Black is going to infect "Glee". New York Time's Vulture has confirmed that the 13-year-old girl's song "Friday" will be covered by Kevin McHale, Chord Overstreet and Mark Salling in the show's prom episode.
While Fox has not commented on the report, a sneak peek to the upcoming episode has been shared by Cory Monteith who posted a picture of his character Finn sitting alone in a hall decorated with balloons and stars. Along with the photo he wrote, "best prom ever."
Meanwhile, a Lady GaGa-themed episode called "Born This Way" is set to air on April 26. The 90-minute special will feature the Mother Monster's hit song which has been deemed a new gay anthem.
Rebecca Black's "Friday", despite being criticized for its inane lyrics, debuted on iTunes Top 100 at No. 69 in early March. The aspiring singer now plans to drop a second single "LOL" which "is in a similar vein" to the predecessor.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics