'Glee' to Feature Rebecca Black's 'Friday' in Prom Episode
Not only Lady GaGa, but also Rebecca Black is going to infect "Glee". New York Time's Vulture has confirmed that the 13-year-old girl's song "Friday" will be covered by Kevin McHale, Chord Overstreet and Mark Salling in the show's prom episode.
While Fox has not commented on the report, a sneak peek to the upcoming episode has been shared by Cory Monteith who posted a picture of his character Finn sitting alone in a hall decorated with balloons and stars. Along with the photo he wrote, "best prom ever."
Meanwhile, a Lady GaGa-themed episode called "Born This Way" is set to air on April 26. The 90-minute special will feature the Mother Monster's hit song which has been deemed a new gay anthem.
Rebecca Black's "Friday", despite being criticized for its inane lyrics, debuted on iTunes Top 100 at No. 69 in early March. The aspiring singer now plans to drop a second single "LOL" which "is in a similar vein" to the predecessor.
More Glee News
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars