'Glee' to Feature Rebecca Black's 'Friday' in Prom Episode
Not only Lady GaGa, but also Rebecca Black is going to infect "Glee". New York Time's Vulture has confirmed that the 13-year-old girl's song "Friday" will be covered by Kevin McHale, Chord Overstreet and Mark Salling in the show's prom episode.
While Fox has not commented on the report, a sneak peek to the upcoming episode has been shared by Cory Monteith who posted a picture of his character Finn sitting alone in a hall decorated with balloons and stars. Along with the photo he wrote, "best prom ever."
Meanwhile, a Lady GaGa-themed episode called "Born This Way" is set to air on April 26. The 90-minute special will feature the Mother Monster's hit song which has been deemed a new gay anthem.
Rebecca Black's "Friday", despite being criticized for its inane lyrics, debuted on iTunes Top 100 at No. 69 in early March. The aspiring singer now plans to drop a second single "LOL" which "is in a similar vein" to the predecessor.
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant