Author Felt 'Down With the HIVs' After Hearing Chris Colfer on 'Glee'
There's one more public figure who refuses to go with the "Glee" hysteria. Bret Easton Ellis, best known as the author of "American Psycho" and "Less Than Zero", took a jab at the musical movie in his latest tweet, comparing it to "a puddle of HIV".
Ellis is known for being satirical and critical mainly about the pop culture. While he sang praises for some things like Natalie Imbruglia's video and Charlie Sheen in his tweets, he slammed "Friday" phenomenon Rebecca Black, Britney Spears and "Battle: Los Angeles". However, his latest tweets may have gone too far.
"I like the idea of 'Glee' but why is it that every time I watch an episode I feel like I've stepped into a puddle of HIV?" he wrote on Tuesday, April 13 night. Then he added the following day, "No, I wasn't drunk last night. I was watching Chris Colfer singing, um, 'Le Jazz Hot' and felt like I had suddenly come down with the hivs."
The author himself did not identify himself as straight or gay but said once that the term "bisexual" which is often found in his novels, may be applied to him. Ellis, however, slammed a gay youth suicide prevention campaign "It Gets Better" back in November, saying "Not to bum everyone out, but can we get a reality check here? It gets worse."
"Glee" camp is yet to comment on the story but an insider told E! Online, "Disgusting."
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard