Author Felt 'Down With the HIVs' After Hearing Chris Colfer on 'Glee'
There's one more public figure who refuses to go with the "Glee" hysteria. Bret Easton Ellis, best known as the author of "American Psycho" and "Less Than Zero", took a jab at the musical movie in his latest tweet, comparing it to "a puddle of HIV".
Ellis is known for being satirical and critical mainly about the pop culture. While he sang praises for some things like Natalie Imbruglia's video and Charlie Sheen in his tweets, he slammed "Friday" phenomenon Rebecca Black, Britney Spears and "Battle: Los Angeles". However, his latest tweets may have gone too far.
"I like the idea of 'Glee' but why is it that every time I watch an episode I feel like I've stepped into a puddle of HIV?" he wrote on Tuesday, April 13 night. Then he added the following day, "No, I wasn't drunk last night. I was watching Chris Colfer singing, um, 'Le Jazz Hot' and felt like I had suddenly come down with the hivs."
The author himself did not identify himself as straight or gay but said once that the term "bisexual" which is often found in his novels, may be applied to him. Ellis, however, slammed a gay youth suicide prevention campaign "It Gets Better" back in November, saying "Not to bum everyone out, but can we get a reality check here? It gets worse."
"Glee" camp is yet to comment on the story but an insider told E! Online, "Disgusting."
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard
- Justin Bieber Spotted on Dinner Date With Nicola Peltz
- Take a Peek at Gwen Stefani's 'Misery' Music Video in This Teaser
- Miranda Lambert Closes Her Boutique, Sells Building to Ex-Husband Blake Shelton
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?