Author Felt 'Down With the HIVs' After Hearing Chris Colfer on 'Glee'
There's one more public figure who refuses to go with the "Glee" hysteria. Bret Easton Ellis, best known as the author of "American Psycho" and "Less Than Zero", took a jab at the musical movie in his latest tweet, comparing it to "a puddle of HIV".
Ellis is known for being satirical and critical mainly about the pop culture. While he sang praises for some things like Natalie Imbruglia's video and Charlie Sheen in his tweets, he slammed "Friday" phenomenon Rebecca Black, Britney Spears and "Battle: Los Angeles". However, his latest tweets may have gone too far.
"I like the idea of 'Glee' but why is it that every time I watch an episode I feel like I've stepped into a puddle of HIV?" he wrote on Tuesday, April 13 night. Then he added the following day, "No, I wasn't drunk last night. I was watching Chris Colfer singing, um, 'Le Jazz Hot' and felt like I had suddenly come down with the hivs."
The author himself did not identify himself as straight or gay but said once that the term "bisexual" which is often found in his novels, may be applied to him. Ellis, however, slammed a gay youth suicide prevention campaign "It Gets Better" back in November, saying "Not to bum everyone out, but can we get a reality check here? It gets worse."
"Glee" camp is yet to comment on the story but an insider told E! Online, "Disgusting."
More Glee News
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars