'Saturday Night Live' Promo: Helen Mirren Gets Funky
Helen Mirren is taking the hosting job on "Saturday Night Live" this week on NBC. Teasing the upcoming episode, she has appeared in a promo video with regular cast Fred Armisen where she shows off her funky side.
The twosome breaks into a spontaneous dance number after Armisen says that he is excited about her remake of 1984's "Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo". Also, Mirren announced that the April 9 episode will feature Foo Fighters as the musical guest.
Mirren's hosting gig on "SNL" coincides with the April 8 release of her new film "Arthur", which is directed by Jason Winer, and stars Russell Brand as well as Jennifer Garner.
On another "SNL" news, it has been reported that Tina Fey will return to the show on April 30 as a host. The comedienne has just released her new book "Bossypants" and announced that she is expecting baby number two.
More Saturday Night Live News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences