'Saturday Night Live' Promo: Helen Mirren Gets Funky
Helen Mirren is taking the hosting job on "Saturday Night Live" this week on NBC. Teasing the upcoming episode, she has appeared in a promo video with regular cast Fred Armisen where she shows off her funky side.
The twosome breaks into a spontaneous dance number after Armisen says that he is excited about her remake of 1984's "Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo". Also, Mirren announced that the April 9 episode will feature Foo Fighters as the musical guest.
Mirren's hosting gig on "SNL" coincides with the April 8 release of her new film "Arthur", which is directed by Jason Winer, and stars Russell Brand as well as Jennifer Garner.
On another "SNL" news, it has been reported that Tina Fey will return to the show on April 30 as a host. The comedienne has just released her new book "Bossypants" and announced that she is expecting baby number two.
More Saturday Night Live News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival