Meredith Vieira to Leave 'Today' and Be Replaced
There's a rumor circulating around that Meredith Vieira is leaving "Today" and NBC has even prepared a list of names to replace her. "There is going to be an opening, she is done," a source with knowledge to the situation told THR.
Vieira's $11 million annual contract will expire in September. The reason she's leaving is reportedly not the network's. According to sources, the 57-year-old is tired of the grueling lifestyle and would like to spend more time with her ill husband. She has the option to extend her contract for another 12 months but the show's producers allegedly have considered a replacement.
Should NBC go with the latter option, then "Today" could be hosted by either Ann Curry, Natalie Morales, Savannah Guthrie or Erin Burnett. But NBC would be careful when making any changes since "Today" has been a money maker for them, proven by the $454 million in ad revenue last year. For comparison, ABC earned $314 million in ads for "Good Morning America" and CBS took in $178 million for "Early Show".
NBC remains mum on the issue, only releasing the following statement to the press, "The Today show anchors are currently under contract and firmly in place."
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor