Meredith Vieira to Leave 'Today' and Be Replaced
There's a rumor circulating around that Meredith Vieira is leaving "Today" and NBC has even prepared a list of names to replace her. "There is going to be an opening, she is done," a source with knowledge to the situation told THR.
Vieira's $11 million annual contract will expire in September. The reason she's leaving is reportedly not the network's. According to sources, the 57-year-old is tired of the grueling lifestyle and would like to spend more time with her ill husband. She has the option to extend her contract for another 12 months but the show's producers allegedly have considered a replacement.
Should NBC go with the latter option, then "Today" could be hosted by either Ann Curry, Natalie Morales, Savannah Guthrie or Erin Burnett. But NBC would be careful when making any changes since "Today" has been a money maker for them, proven by the $454 million in ad revenue last year. For comparison, ABC earned $314 million in ads for "Good Morning America" and CBS took in $178 million for "Early Show".
NBC remains mum on the issue, only releasing the following statement to the press, "The Today show anchors are currently under contract and firmly in place."
More Today News
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert
- Watch Spider-Man Make Quite an Entrance at 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Premiere
- Swimsuit-Clad Lea Michele Flashes Her Derriere During Hawaiian Getaway