'Jersey Shore' Cast Milking MTV for More Money
Following the story that some key cast members of "Jersey Shore" are not yet locked for a fourth season, a new report said that these bunch are milking MTV because this may be the reality show's last season. Snooki, The Situation and JWoww were mentioned among the ones not yet inking a deal.
TMZ said they refused to renew their contracts "until they get more money". The web's sources who are "close to the cast" heard that they are questioning how long the show would last and have a hunch that it may end in season 4, ergo they demand big money while they still can.
In addition, the network and cast are in disagreement on the number of personal appearances which can earn them up to $40,000 per show-up. MTV would like to limit the kind of exposure but the cast refused to abide.
Coincident to this story, Rutgers University in New Brunswick, New Jersey said they paid Snooki $32,000 to talk to their students this week. "Everyone wants to see Snooki!" the Rutgers University Programming Association (RUPA), the group that sponsored Snooki's visit to campus, tweeted just before the Thursday, March 31's event.
A lot of "Jersey" graduate in fact have sought other alternatives to earn cash which should comfort them when the show ends. The fourth season, which is planned to take place in Italy, is scheduled to film in the next few weeks, therefore an official announcement is expected soon.
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'