Britney Spears Slapped With Fraud and Deceit Lawsuit Over Perfume Deal
Britney Spears has been caught up in yet another legal drama. The "Hold It Against Me" hitmaker has just been slapped with a lawsuit by the company that helped her to secure a perfume deal with Elizabeth Arden. Radar Online reported that Brand Sense Partners, LLC has accused her and her father Jamie Spears of fraud, deceit and breach of contract.
The lawsuit was filed in Los Angeles Superior Court on Wednesday, March 30. In the court documents, the brand-marketing company claims that Britney and Jamie robbed it of its 35% commission from "any and all products" the singer worked on with Elizabeth Arden, including her Radiance fragrance.
The suit also mentioned that Brand Sense accused Britney of "concealment and evasive actions." Its suit stated, "Britney secretly made a separate deal with Elizabeth Arden in a sneaky underhanded effort to circumvent and evade its obligations to Brand Sense. Effectively, Britney improperly and illegally cut Brand Sense out of the Elizabeth Arden deal."
Brand Sense also claimed to have caught Jamie "red handed" acknowledging the deal, but then "complained that the commission was too high and said that Britney did not want to pay it." Now, the company seeks declaratory relief in excess of $10 million in addition to compensatory and punitive damages.
More Britney Spears News
- Video: Lady GaGa and Caitlyn Jenner Among 49 Stars Honoring Orlando Shooting Victims
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist