Britney Spears Slapped With Fraud and Deceit Lawsuit Over Perfume Deal
Britney Spears has been caught up in yet another legal drama. The "Hold It Against Me" hitmaker has just been slapped with a lawsuit by the company that helped her to secure a perfume deal with Elizabeth Arden. Radar Online reported that Brand Sense Partners, LLC has accused her and her father Jamie Spears of fraud, deceit and breach of contract.
The lawsuit was filed in Los Angeles Superior Court on Wednesday, March 30. In the court documents, the brand-marketing company claims that Britney and Jamie robbed it of its 35% commission from "any and all products" the singer worked on with Elizabeth Arden, including her Radiance fragrance.
The suit also mentioned that Brand Sense accused Britney of "concealment and evasive actions." Its suit stated, "Britney secretly made a separate deal with Elizabeth Arden in a sneaky underhanded effort to circumvent and evade its obligations to Brand Sense. Effectively, Britney improperly and illegally cut Brand Sense out of the Elizabeth Arden deal."
Brand Sense also claimed to have caught Jamie "red handed" acknowledging the deal, but then "complained that the commission was too high and said that Britney did not want to pay it." Now, the company seeks declaratory relief in excess of $10 million in addition to compensatory and punitive damages.
More Britney Spears News
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!