Arnold Schwarzenegger Is The Governator in Stan Lee's New Cartoon
The secret Arnold Schwarzenegger TV project which was announced earlier this month has now been unveiled. The Terminator and former California Governor is made a cartoon superhero going by the name "The Governator". The developer of the TV show and its comic book version is none other than Stan Lee.
In an interview with EW, Schwarzenegger explained the source of his superhero moniker, saying, "When I ran for governor back in 2003 and I started hearing people talking about 'the Governator,' I thought the word was so cool." He continued, "The word Governator combined two worlds: the world of politics and the movie world. And [this cartoon] brings everything together. It combines the governor, the Terminator, the bodybuilding world, the True Lies..."
Lee explained further, "The Governator is going to be a great superhero, but he'll also be Arnold Schwarzenegger. We're using all the personal elements of Arnold's life. We're using his wife [Maria Shriver]. We're using his kids. We're using the fact that he used to be governor. Only after he leaves the governor's office, Arnold decides to become a crime fighter and builds a secret high-tech crime-fighting center under his house in Brentwood."
Like Batman, the Governator relies on technology to make him super. EW said he has a closet full of "Super Suits" that will allow him to fly and perform other stunts as well as a fleet of super vehicles. He would also have a sidekick in the form of a 13-year-old computer expert named Zeke Muckerberg. Meanwhile, the villains include an evil organization called Gangsters Imposters Racketeers Liars & Irredeemable Ex-cons aka G.I.R.L.I.E.
The animated show won't be out until 2012 but the picture of The Governator has been debuted on EW's cover.
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory