'Monsters, Inc.' Prequel Officially Titled 'Monsters University'
The next "Monsters, Inc." project is officially titled "Monsters University". Announcing the title is Dave Hollis, Disney's executive vice president of worldwide distribution, at CinemaCon on Tuesday, March 29.
During the convention, Hollis confirmed that the upcoming movie will serve as the prequel of 2001's "Monsters, Inc." He said, "The film is a prequel that tells you a little bit about how Mike and Sulley first met, attending Monsters University."
Hollis also explained the plot of the forthcoming film. He said, "Obviously everybody knows at this point Mike and Sulley are amazing friends, the best of friends, but as it turns out, in this story, that wasn't always the case. From the moment they met at university, they could not stand each other. This story takes you through the ups and downs, and how they overcame their own differences."
The film will have Billy Crystal provide the voice for Sully, the big, blue beast. John Goodman will also voice Mike, the eyeball-like creature with legs, once more. The movie will hit theaters nationwide on November 2, 2012.
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip