'Monsters, Inc.' Prequel Officially Titled 'Monsters University'
The next "Monsters, Inc." project is officially titled "Monsters University". Announcing the title is Dave Hollis, Disney's executive vice president of worldwide distribution, at CinemaCon on Tuesday, March 29.
During the convention, Hollis confirmed that the upcoming movie will serve as the prequel of 2001's "Monsters, Inc." He said, "The film is a prequel that tells you a little bit about how Mike and Sulley first met, attending Monsters University."
Hollis also explained the plot of the forthcoming film. He said, "Obviously everybody knows at this point Mike and Sulley are amazing friends, the best of friends, but as it turns out, in this story, that wasn't always the case. From the moment they met at university, they could not stand each other. This story takes you through the ups and downs, and how they overcame their own differences."
The film will have Billy Crystal provide the voice for Sully, the big, blue beast. John Goodman will also voice Mike, the eyeball-like creature with legs, once more. The movie will hit theaters nationwide on November 2, 2012.
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'