'Monsters, Inc.' Prequel Officially Titled 'Monsters University'
The next "Monsters, Inc." project is officially titled "Monsters University". Announcing the title is Dave Hollis, Disney's executive vice president of worldwide distribution, at CinemaCon on Tuesday, March 29.
During the convention, Hollis confirmed that the upcoming movie will serve as the prequel of 2001's "Monsters, Inc." He said, "The film is a prequel that tells you a little bit about how Mike and Sulley first met, attending Monsters University."
Hollis also explained the plot of the forthcoming film. He said, "Obviously everybody knows at this point Mike and Sulley are amazing friends, the best of friends, but as it turns out, in this story, that wasn't always the case. From the moment they met at university, they could not stand each other. This story takes you through the ups and downs, and how they overcame their own differences."
The film will have Billy Crystal provide the voice for Sully, the big, blue beast. John Goodman will also voice Mike, the eyeball-like creature with legs, once more. The movie will hit theaters nationwide on November 2, 2012.
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7