'Monsters, Inc.' Prequel Officially Titled 'Monsters University'
The next "Monsters, Inc." project is officially titled "Monsters University". Announcing the title is Dave Hollis, Disney's executive vice president of worldwide distribution, at CinemaCon on Tuesday, March 29.
During the convention, Hollis confirmed that the upcoming movie will serve as the prequel of 2001's "Monsters, Inc." He said, "The film is a prequel that tells you a little bit about how Mike and Sulley first met, attending Monsters University."
Hollis also explained the plot of the forthcoming film. He said, "Obviously everybody knows at this point Mike and Sulley are amazing friends, the best of friends, but as it turns out, in this story, that wasn't always the case. From the moment they met at university, they could not stand each other. This story takes you through the ups and downs, and how they overcame their own differences."
The film will have Billy Crystal provide the voice for Sully, the big, blue beast. John Goodman will also voice Mike, the eyeball-like creature with legs, once more. The movie will hit theaters nationwide on November 2, 2012.
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs