'Glee' Extended to 90 Minutes for 'Born This Way' Episode
"Glee" added with Lady GaGa is likely to make a super-sized episode. It has been reported that Fox plans to expand the show's April 26 outing entitled "Born This Way" to 90 minutes as it is jam-packed with good stuff.
Most part of the episode has been filmed, but TVLine learns that producers are planning to shoot two additional musical numbers, which will be GaGa-related, to fill out the expanded running time. A Fox spokesperson refuses to comment on the news.
A second tribute to GaGa after "Theatricality," the upcoming episode will not primarily feature her music like the predecessor. But, its theme of self-acceptance is inspired by the singer's runaway hit "Born this Way" and the episode will conclude with a performance of the so-called new gay anthem.
The story will see the New Directions kids grappling with their own body image issues. Ashley Fink's Lauren challenges the school's beauty standards by running for prom queen, while Lea Michele's Rachel considers getting a nose job. Cory Monteith once gushed the characters are "tailoring their performances around embracing things about themselves they don't like" in "Born this Way" episode.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences