'Glee' Extended to 90 Minutes for 'Born This Way' Episode
"Glee" added with Lady GaGa is likely to make a super-sized episode. It has been reported that Fox plans to expand the show's April 26 outing entitled "Born This Way" to 90 minutes as it is jam-packed with good stuff.
Most part of the episode has been filmed, but TVLine learns that producers are planning to shoot two additional musical numbers, which will be GaGa-related, to fill out the expanded running time. A Fox spokesperson refuses to comment on the news.
A second tribute to GaGa after "Theatricality," the upcoming episode will not primarily feature her music like the predecessor. But, its theme of self-acceptance is inspired by the singer's runaway hit "Born this Way" and the episode will conclude with a performance of the so-called new gay anthem.
The story will see the New Directions kids grappling with their own body image issues. Ashley Fink's Lauren challenges the school's beauty standards by running for prom queen, while Lea Michele's Rachel considers getting a nose job. Cory Monteith once gushed the characters are "tailoring their performances around embracing things about themselves they don't like" in "Born this Way" episode.
More Glee News
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?