'Glee' Extended to 90 Minutes for 'Born This Way' Episode
"Glee" added with Lady GaGa is likely to make a super-sized episode. It has been reported that Fox plans to expand the show's April 26 outing entitled "Born This Way" to 90 minutes as it is jam-packed with good stuff.
Most part of the episode has been filmed, but TVLine learns that producers are planning to shoot two additional musical numbers, which will be GaGa-related, to fill out the expanded running time. A Fox spokesperson refuses to comment on the news.
A second tribute to GaGa after "Theatricality," the upcoming episode will not primarily feature her music like the predecessor. But, its theme of self-acceptance is inspired by the singer's runaway hit "Born this Way" and the episode will conclude with a performance of the so-called new gay anthem.
The story will see the New Directions kids grappling with their own body image issues. Ashley Fink's Lauren challenges the school's beauty standards by running for prom queen, while Lea Michele's Rachel considers getting a nose job. Cory Monteith once gushed the characters are "tailoring their performances around embracing things about themselves they don't like" in "Born this Way" episode.
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'
- Wishes Turn Into Nightmares in 'Wish Upon' New Trailer
- Sade Convinces Drake Not to Diss Kendrick Lamar Over a Track
- Selena Gomez Cheers on The Weeknd at Brazilian Concert
- 'Power Rangers' Future Installment May Feature Female Green Ranger
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle