Pregnant Mariah Carey Tweets About False Alarm on Birthday
Mariah Carey came close to welcoming her twins on her birthday. The pop diva, who is expecting her first children with husband Nick Cannon, turned 42 on Sunday, March 27, and in the early hours of the big day, she turned to Twitter to update her fans about the false alarm she had just experienced.
"So #dembabies really wanted 2 celebrate w/us/share the anniversary! I started having contractions last night..went 2 the hospital," so she first tweeted. She followed it up with two more tweets, "Finally they said I could come home after they got it under control but.." and "They almost came on 3/27- happy anniversary in deed!!! We have a few more weeks 2 go but- wow!!!: ) #soreadyallready!"
Just days earlier, Mariah's husband Nick took to Twitter to reveal he's freaking out about their twins' impending arrival. On Thursday, March 24, the "America's Got Talent" host wrote, "I am probably going to faint in the delivery room! I need to man up! Or maybe I should say WOMAN UP since they are the ones that have to be the strongest in the whole ordeal! I am in awe of my wife!"
Mariah married Nick at her private estate in The Bahamas in 2008. After much speculation, the "Heartbreaker" singer confirmed she and her husband are expecting their first children in late 2010. In early March 2011, the couple threw a blue-and-pink themed shower at the Conservatory Grill at the Montage Hotel in Beverly Hills.
More Mariah Carey News
- Miranda Lambert Already Plans to Get Married to Anderson East?
- New 'Max Steel' Trailer Highlights the Superhero's Origin
- Selena Gomez Reportedly Enters Rehab After Drug Abuse due to Christina Grimmie's Death
- Rick Ross Is Gearing Up for His Next Collab With Skrillex
- 'America's Got Talent' First Five Finalists of Season 21 Revealed
- Chris Brown Accuser Told Her Friend Singer's 'About to Go Down' After Alleged Gun Incident
- 'Game of Thrones' Casts First New Addition for Season 7
- P. Diddy Teases Snippet of Cassie's New Single 'Make Up'