Pregnant Mariah Carey Tweets About False Alarm on Birthday
Mariah Carey came close to welcoming her twins on her birthday. The pop diva, who is expecting her first children with husband Nick Cannon, turned 42 on Sunday, March 27, and in the early hours of the big day, she turned to Twitter to update her fans about the false alarm she had just experienced.
"So #dembabies really wanted 2 celebrate w/us/share the anniversary! I started having contractions last night..went 2 the hospital," so she first tweeted. She followed it up with two more tweets, "Finally they said I could come home after they got it under control but.." and "They almost came on 3/27- happy anniversary in deed!!! We have a few more weeks 2 go but- wow!!!: ) #soreadyallready!"
Just days earlier, Mariah's husband Nick took to Twitter to reveal he's freaking out about their twins' impending arrival. On Thursday, March 24, the "America's Got Talent" host wrote, "I am probably going to faint in the delivery room! I need to man up! Or maybe I should say WOMAN UP since they are the ones that have to be the strongest in the whole ordeal! I am in awe of my wife!"
Mariah married Nick at her private estate in The Bahamas in 2008. After much speculation, the "Heartbreaker" singer confirmed she and her husband are expecting their first children in late 2010. In early March 2011, the couple threw a blue-and-pink themed shower at the Conservatory Grill at the Montage Hotel in Beverly Hills.
More Mariah Carey News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal