'Mad Men' Is Reaching a New Pact for Season Five
Latest news for "Mad Men" has been dropped recently. For anyone who have been waiting for the new season to see Don Draper and friends again, the good news is that the series creator Matt Weiner, AMC, and Lionsgate are near to an agreement that would carry the drama through its sixth season.
But the fans ought to be patient before they could see the fifth season aired on AMC. Unlike the usual, the forthcoming new season is not likely to be released in mid-summer. Last January, AMC's senior vice president of original programming, Joel Stillerman has confirmed about the rumor, saying " 'Mad Men' is definitely coming back for Season 5, but don't ask me when, because we're not sure yet."
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the reason of the delayed launch schedule of the two times Golden Globe winning drama is because the production seems to start as much as six weeks later than it has in previous years. "Mad Men" usually starts shooting in late April or early May. And even though Weiner is one step ahead to a new pact with the Lionsgate, they will need at least several weeks to ramp up.
Another reason is because the negotiations among the three parties have also been up and down for months. Variety has reported that Weiner's deal to serve as executive producer and showrunner up at the end of fourth season will cause Lionsgate to make a new agreement with AMC that would take the show through season six so it could then make a two-year pact with Weiner.
Lionsgate's existing deal with AMC ended at season five. But both parties have extended the license term of the show, after much wrangling over international and digital distribution rights and such. The sticking point remains Weiner's deal to return to the position as showrunner. Similar case happened two years ago, when Wiener's negotiations with Lionsgate took place in January, and the show did not come out until August.
- Salma Hayek Suggests Donald Trump Tried to Manipulate Her Into Agreeing on a Date
- 'Doctor Strange' Actor Benedict Wong Confirmed for 'Avengers: Infinity Wars'
- Leonardo DiCaprio Had Another Near-Death Experience While Diving in the Galapagos
- Listen to Sia's 3 New Tracks From 'This Is Acting' Deluxe Version
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 Set Pics: First Look at Kit Harington in Full Costume
- Donald Glover Officially Cast as Young Lando Calrissian in 'Han Solo' Movie
- Perrie Edwards Was Left Homeless After Nasty Split From Zayn Malik
- Azealia Banks Pens Apology Letter to Zayn Malik