Neill Blomkamp's 'Elysium' Gets Release Date and Villain
Another sci-fi project from "District 9" director Neill Blomkamp is coming in the next two years. The Hollywood Reporter said that Sony Pictures has planned to release "Elysium" on March 8, 2013 for the U.S. distribution.
Additionally, the movie has just added Wagner Moura to the cast line-up. The Brazilian actor is set to play a "powerful villain" who is described as "having a crazy sense of humor," the site added, confirming the news first brought to the surface by Latino Review. He joins Matt Damon, Sharlto Copley and Jodie Foster who were cast earlier.
Moura is best known for his role of the conflicted and well-intentioned Captain Nascimento in "Elite Squad" movies from director Jose Padilha.
Little is known about the plot of "Elysium" except that it is set 150 years in the future and has the social allegory elements ala "District 9". Social class figures into this world, and Damon's character is an ex-con.
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 4: Coaches Round Out Teams of 8. See Who Makes the Cut!
- Missing His Family? Brad Pitt 'Secretly Joined' Angelina Jolie and Kids on Recent Cambodia Trip
- First Gloomy Footage of 'Annihilation' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- 'Bones' Showrunner on Series Finale: 'It's the End, but It's Not the End'
- Spider-Man May Leave Marvel Cinematic Universe After 'Spiderman: Homecoming' Sequel
- Harry Styles to Make Debut as Solo Artist on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Amy Poehler and Nick Offerman Reunite for NBC's Competition Series 'Handmade Project'
- Mila Kunis Debuts Amazing Post-Baby Body, 4 Months After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri