Neill Blomkamp's 'Elysium' Gets Release Date and Villain
Another sci-fi project from "District 9" director Neill Blomkamp is coming in the next two years. The Hollywood Reporter said that Sony Pictures has planned to release "Elysium" on March 8, 2013 for the U.S. distribution.
Additionally, the movie has just added Wagner Moura to the cast line-up. The Brazilian actor is set to play a "powerful villain" who is described as "having a crazy sense of humor," the site added, confirming the news first brought to the surface by Latino Review. He joins Matt Damon, Sharlto Copley and Jodie Foster who were cast earlier.
Moura is best known for his role of the conflicted and well-intentioned Captain Nascimento in "Elite Squad" movies from director Jose Padilha.
Little is known about the plot of "Elysium" except that it is set 150 years in the future and has the social allegory elements ala "District 9". Social class figures into this world, and Damon's character is an ex-con.
- Ex-Wonder Girls Member Sun Mi to Release Second Solo Album in August
- Find Out Why Song Joong Ki Wants to Get Married Early
- Ariel Winter Flaunts Butt Tattoo on Snapchat
- Did Katy Perry Secretly Undergo Plastic Surgery?
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Spark Rise in Bel-Air Property Prices
- 'American Horror Story': Ryan Murphy Shares Photo of 'Cult' Member. Is It Evan Peters?
- Secretly Married? Liam Payne Calls Cheryl His 'Wife' in New Interview
- Comic-Con: 'Ready Player One' First Footage Introduces Stepen Spielberg's VR Dystopia