Neill Blomkamp's 'Elysium' Gets Release Date and Villain
Another sci-fi project from "District 9" director Neill Blomkamp is coming in the next two years. The Hollywood Reporter said that Sony Pictures has planned to release "Elysium" on March 8, 2013 for the U.S. distribution.
Additionally, the movie has just added Wagner Moura to the cast line-up. The Brazilian actor is set to play a "powerful villain" who is described as "having a crazy sense of humor," the site added, confirming the news first brought to the surface by Latino Review. He joins Matt Damon, Sharlto Copley and Jodie Foster who were cast earlier.
Moura is best known for his role of the conflicted and well-intentioned Captain Nascimento in "Elite Squad" movies from director Jose Padilha.
Little is known about the plot of "Elysium" except that it is set 150 years in the future and has the social allegory elements ala "District 9". Social class figures into this world, and Damon's character is an ex-con.
- Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom Reach Divorce Settlement
- Justin Bieber Throws His Mic and Walks Off Stage After Getting Booed in Manchester
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms