Neill Blomkamp's 'Elysium' Gets Release Date and Villain
Another sci-fi project from "District 9" director Neill Blomkamp is coming in the next two years. The Hollywood Reporter said that Sony Pictures has planned to release "Elysium" on March 8, 2013 for the U.S. distribution.
Additionally, the movie has just added Wagner Moura to the cast line-up. The Brazilian actor is set to play a "powerful villain" who is described as "having a crazy sense of humor," the site added, confirming the news first brought to the surface by Latino Review. He joins Matt Damon, Sharlto Copley and Jodie Foster who were cast earlier.
Moura is best known for his role of the conflicted and well-intentioned Captain Nascimento in "Elite Squad" movies from director Jose Padilha.
Little is known about the plot of "Elysium" except that it is set 150 years in the future and has the social allegory elements ala "District 9". Social class figures into this world, and Damon's character is an ex-con.
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special