Neill Blomkamp's 'Elysium' Gets Release Date and Villain
Another sci-fi project from "District 9" director Neill Blomkamp is coming in the next two years. The Hollywood Reporter said that Sony Pictures has planned to release "Elysium" on March 8, 2013 for the U.S. distribution.
Additionally, the movie has just added Wagner Moura to the cast line-up. The Brazilian actor is set to play a "powerful villain" who is described as "having a crazy sense of humor," the site added, confirming the news first brought to the surface by Latino Review. He joins Matt Damon, Sharlto Copley and Jodie Foster who were cast earlier.
Moura is best known for his role of the conflicted and well-intentioned Captain Nascimento in "Elite Squad" movies from director Jose Padilha.
Little is known about the plot of "Elysium" except that it is set 150 years in the future and has the social allegory elements ala "District 9". Social class figures into this world, and Damon's character is an ex-con.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris