Mike Starr 'Mixing' Drugs Before Passing, Roommate Claims
The cause of Mike Starr's tragic death still awaits the toxicology reports, but his roommate has offered a slight clue on what it might be. To TMZ, the roommate said that the former Alice in Chains bassist was "mixing" methadone and anxiety medication on Monday night, March 7, just hours before he died.
Accordingly, the 44-year-old rocker had been using methadone in his effort to get sober. He had also been taking medication to battle anxiety issues stemming from his arrest for felony possession of a controlled substance in February. His roommate further said, "Mike was a beautiful person who was fighting to stay sober ... I am going to miss him greatly."
Mike, who appeared on the third season of VH1's "Celebrity Rehab With Dr. Drew" in 2009, was found dead on Tuesday afternoon, March 8. According to the Salt Lake City Police Department spokesman, the rocker's body was found in a Salt Lake City home after police were called to the house at around 1:42 P.M. The spokesman added that there is no indication of foul play involved.
Since the sad news broke out, many including Dr. Drew and Motley Crue bassist Nikki Sixx have expressed their condolences. Additionally, Mike's former AIC mates, Jerry Cantrell and Sean Kinney said, "Jerry and Sean are mourning the loss of their friend and ask that the media respect their privacy - and the privacy of Mike's family -during this difficult time. Their thoughts and prayers are with the Starr family."
- Mila Kunis Flaunts Baby Bump at 'Bad Moms' L.A. Premiere
- Aaron Rodgers Finally Addresses Brother Jordan's 'Bachelorette' Gig and Family Estrangement
- Lupita Nyong'o Reveals 'Black Panther' Plot Details
- JoJo's New Single 'F**k Apologies' Feat. Wiz Khalifa Surfaces Online
- Blac Chyna Shows Off Engagement Ring Amid Rob Kardashian Breakup Rumors
- 'The Bachelorette: Men Tell All': Luke Reveals His Biggest Regret, Nick Challenges Chad to a Fight
- Kim Zolciak and Her Daughter Brielle Sport Huge Pouts After Trip to Plastic Surgeon
- Mariah Carey Casually Throws Shade at the Kardashians. See What She Says