Mike Starr 'Mixing' Drugs Before Passing, Roommate Claims
The cause of Mike Starr's tragic death still awaits the toxicology reports, but his roommate has offered a slight clue on what it might be. To TMZ, the roommate said that the former Alice in Chains bassist was "mixing" methadone and anxiety medication on Monday night, March 7, just hours before he died.
Accordingly, the 44-year-old rocker had been using methadone in his effort to get sober. He had also been taking medication to battle anxiety issues stemming from his arrest for felony possession of a controlled substance in February. His roommate further said, "Mike was a beautiful person who was fighting to stay sober ... I am going to miss him greatly."
Mike, who appeared on the third season of VH1's "Celebrity Rehab With Dr. Drew" in 2009, was found dead on Tuesday afternoon, March 8. According to the Salt Lake City Police Department spokesman, the rocker's body was found in a Salt Lake City home after police were called to the house at around 1:42 P.M. The spokesman added that there is no indication of foul play involved.
Since the sad news broke out, many including Dr. Drew and Motley Crue bassist Nikki Sixx have expressed their condolences. Additionally, Mike's former AIC mates, Jerry Cantrell and Sean Kinney said, "Jerry and Sean are mourning the loss of their friend and ask that the media respect their privacy - and the privacy of Mike's family -during this difficult time. Their thoughts and prayers are with the Starr family."
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture