Lady GaGa Calls Off Exclusive 'Born This Way' Partnership With Target
An avid supporter of LGBT community, Lady GaGa decided to end her deal with Target which reportedly didn't have the same vision as her. The retailer made donation to MN Forward, a political action committee that supported an anti-gay politician Tom Emmer, and thus came under fire from the gay community.
Target was supposed to exclusively sell a special edition of GaGa's new album "Born This Way". But the deal went off because "she and Target didn't see eye to eye on Target's policy of political donations and how they affect the LGBT community," a source told The Advocate.
When talks about the deal emerged earlier this year, GaGa said she wanted the U.S. retailer "makes amends for the mistakes they've made in the past." She told Billboard back then that the discussions between her camp and executives from the retailer were very "intense."
"Part of my deal with Target is that they have to start affiliating themselves with LGBT charity groups and begin to reform," she stated. "Our relationship is hinged upon their reform in the company to support the gay community and to redeem the mistakes they've made supporting those groups."
As of press time, Target hasn't commented on the issue.
More Lady GaGa News
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship