Justin Bieber Sorry for Flipping Off Paparazzi, Selena Gomez Denies Fan Attack
Justin Bieber was not happy when he was swarmed by paparazzi outside Maggiano's Little Italy restaurant in Los Angeles on Tuesday night, March 1. He came to the eatery with his date Selena Gomez, and flipped off the photographers when they refused to leave them alone.
Later on Twitter, the teen pop idol apologized for his gesture, "Had a great bday and at the end of the night we got surrounded by paps and i reacted in a way i know better. im sorry." He went on explaining his feeling that night, "It's not always easy but i know better than to react in anger."
Justin and Selena did look upset when heading inside the restaurant. Selena even covered her face with her hands in an attempt to avoid photographers. She is seen with a swollen lip in some of the pictures, leading to speculation that she was attacked by Justin's jealous fan.
Around the same time, #sorryjustin appeared as one of the trending topics on Twitter, fueling the rumor. However, a representative for the "Wizards of Waverly Place" actress dismissed it, saying there is "absolutely no truth" to the report. The rep did not give any explanation about her swollen lip though.
Beside spending several days starting over the weekend with Selena, Justin also enjoyed some quality time with his family and friends. Chris Brown was one of the guests coming to his 17th birthday celebration at Little Italy. "Great bday. flew in grandma and got my cake. hung out with friends," he shared on Twitter.
Not only having fun, 17-year-old Justin also raised money for charity on his birthday. His hair auctioned off on eBay was sold for $40,000. "I need to say THANK U to my fans. we raised over 40k for @charitywater for my bday. we together #madeachange," he told his followers.
"Life has it's ups and downs but u guys r always there 4 me. i will make my mistakes but i promise 2 continue 2 grow with u," he continued. "So thank u for a great bday and an amazing gift of charity to help others. another year but still the same kid. still grateful."
More Justin Bieber News
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3
- Louis Tomlinson and Bebe Rexha Announce New Collab 'Back to You'
- Meek Mill and His Crew Caught Jumping and Attacking Nicki Minaj's Ex Safaree
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set