Video Premiere: Lady GaGa's 'Born This Way'
As promised, Lady GaGa has released one of the two music videos she made for her charting single "Born This Way". Directed by fashion photographer Nick Knight, the clip is loaded with pop culture references which are spread throughout the 7 minutes plus video in blinks.
"This is the manifesto of Mother Monster," GaGa says of the effects-heavy video. "Thus began the beginning of the new race. A race within the race of humanity, a race which bears no prejudice, no judgment, but boundless freedom." The singer is styled by Nicola Formichetti and choreographed by Laurieann Gibson.
Shots of unicorn, late designer Alexander McQueen, Michael Jackson, Rick Genest aka Zombie Boy and Madonna's tooth gap were all included along with scenes from "Sin City", 1978's "Superman" and 1927's "Metropolis".
"Born This Way" is the first single from GaGa's May album of the same title. She told Gayle King previously about the other video that she planned. "So there's one that's coming out on Monday," she explained. "But then I'm actually putting together another video, which is a more stripped-down version of the song that will be released on iTunes and also released as an audio file. A portion of the money raised selling the song is actually going to go towards an anti-bully charity."
More Lady GaGa News
- Braless Kendall Risks Nip Slip in Revealing Gold Top, Kylie Flaunts Butt in Thong Bikini
- Ireland Baldwin Dances in the Ocean Completely Topless in Latest Love Advent Video
- The Ancient Princess Is Awakened in 'The Mummy' First Full Trailer
- Taylor Swift Sends Next Album's Material to Ex Tom Hiddleston - But Why?
- See Jennifer Aniston Help Vanessa Bayer Prepare for Rachel Spoof on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Selena Gomez Steps Out With New Haircut at Hollywood Hot Spot
- 'Moana' Remains at No. 1 at Box Office on Slow Weekend
- Are Steven Tyler and His 28-Year-Old Girlfriend Engaged? See the Proof