'American Idol' Outcast Chris Medina Debuts 'What Are Words' Video
Chris Medina debuts a tearjerker music video for his debut single "What Are Words". The "American Idol" hopeful, who was booted from the singing competition on February 23 episode, shared touching story of his relationship with Juliana Ramos. She was involved in a major car accident that left her severely injured just months before their wedding.
"It's a song about making promises and fulfilling them, about telling someone you love that you'll be there and having them be able to count on you because you said it," he said to PopEater about story behind the song. "Because the words that you say really mean something. It's a powerful song."
His story has touched the hearts of Americans including Rodney Jerkins. "When I heard the story of Chris and Juliana, the words and music just flowed. Sometimes a song is more than a song and that's really true with 'What Are Words'," he said of how the song was made.
The single was released a day after his "Idol" elimination via 19 Recordings/ Interscope records. It is going to be showcased live for the very first time on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" on February 25. Three days later, he will sing on "Live with Regis and Kelly".
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says