'American Idol' Outcast Chris Medina Debuts 'What Are Words' Video
Chris Medina debuts a tearjerker music video for his debut single "What Are Words". The "American Idol" hopeful, who was booted from the singing competition on February 23 episode, shared touching story of his relationship with Juliana Ramos. She was involved in a major car accident that left her severely injured just months before their wedding.
"It's a song about making promises and fulfilling them, about telling someone you love that you'll be there and having them be able to count on you because you said it," he said to PopEater about story behind the song. "Because the words that you say really mean something. It's a powerful song."
His story has touched the hearts of Americans including Rodney Jerkins. "When I heard the story of Chris and Juliana, the words and music just flowed. Sometimes a song is more than a song and that's really true with 'What Are Words'," he said of how the song was made.
The single was released a day after his "Idol" elimination via 19 Recordings/ Interscope records. It is going to be showcased live for the very first time on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" on February 25. Three days later, he will sing on "Live with Regis and Kelly".
Chris Medina's 'What Are Words' music video
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift