'American Idol' Outcast Chris Medina Debuts 'What Are Words' Video
Chris Medina debuts a tearjerker music video for his debut single "What Are Words". The "American Idol" hopeful, who was booted from the singing competition on February 23 episode, shared touching story of his relationship with Juliana Ramos. She was involved in a major car accident that left her severely injured just months before their wedding.
"It's a song about making promises and fulfilling them, about telling someone you love that you'll be there and having them be able to count on you because you said it," he said to PopEater about story behind the song. "Because the words that you say really mean something. It's a powerful song."
His story has touched the hearts of Americans including Rodney Jerkins. "When I heard the story of Chris and Juliana, the words and music just flowed. Sometimes a song is more than a song and that's really true with 'What Are Words'," he said of how the song was made.
The single was released a day after his "Idol" elimination via 19 Recordings/ Interscope records. It is going to be showcased live for the very first time on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" on February 25. Three days later, he will sing on "Live with Regis and Kelly".
Chris Medina's 'What Are Words' music video
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off