Charlie Sheen Responds to 'Two and a Half Men' Production Shut Down
The war of words, which started as jokes, between "Two and a Half Men" star Charlie Sheen and the show's creator Chuck Lorre has ended up in a shut down of production. CBS halted the wheel on Thursday, February 24 after Sheen made derogatory remarks about Lorre in bizarre interviews.
"Based on the totality of Charlie Sheen's statements, conduct and condition, CBS and Warner Bros. Television have decided to discontinue production of 'Two and a Half Men' for the remainder of the season," producer Warner Bros. Television and the network that broadcasts the program, CBS, said in a statement.
Sheen told TMZ recently, "I violently hate Chaim Levine (Chuck Lorre). He's a stupid, stupid little man and a p**sy punk that I'd never want to be like," adding "That's me being polite." He also challenged Lorre to a duel and trashed him out, "That piece of s**t [Lorre] took money out of my pocket, my family's pocket, and, most importantly, my second family - my crew's pocket."
In response to the production shut down, Sheen released an open letter which was published on TMZ. He wrote, "I fire back once and this contaminated little maggot can't handle my power and can't handle the truth. I wish him nothing but pain in his silly travels especially if they wind up in my octagon. Clearly I have defeated this earthworm with my words - imagine what I would have done with my fire breathing fists."
Ending his letter, he pleaded for fans' support. "I urge all my beautiful and loyal fans who embraced this show for almost a decade," he wrote, "to walk with me side-by-side as we march up the steps of justice to right this unconscionable wrong."
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen