Michael Lohan: Lindsay's Reps Shut Down 'Letterman' Gig
Lindsay Lohan is not going to appear on "Late Show with David Letterman" after all, and the culprit who caused the uproar was none other than Michael Lohan. Lindsay's dad admitted that he booked a spot on "Letterman" but argued that he only signed up after getting the green light from his daughter.
Michael said to TMZ that Lindsay "knew full well" about the booking and even discussed the transportation from the Los Angeles studio where Lindsay is supposed to read the Top 10 list via satellite. He admitted that he got the idea to book his daughter the appearance after Letterman mocked her twice this month with his Top 10 list.
Michael added the plan crumbled down when Lindsay's reps started to meddle in. He said, "Anything positive that I bring into her life ... [her people] try to nix it."
The show, which announced Lindsay's appearance on Tuesday, February 15, released a new statement. "Lindsay Lohan will not be delivering a Top Ten list on Thursday's 'Late Show with David Letteman', as had been previously announced. We made a mistake. Someone purporting to be a friend of Lindsay's reached out to the show yesterday, allegedly on her behalf, and booked her to appear," the statement read.
"Clearly, this person was not authorized to make commitments on her behalf. We wish Lindsay well and look forward to having her on the show in the future." Lindsay herself made no further comment other than the tweet about NOT doing the show.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival