Michael Lohan: Lindsay's Reps Shut Down 'Letterman' Gig
Lindsay Lohan is not going to appear on "Late Show with David Letterman" after all, and the culprit who caused the uproar was none other than Michael Lohan. Lindsay's dad admitted that he booked a spot on "Letterman" but argued that he only signed up after getting the green light from his daughter.
Michael said to TMZ that Lindsay "knew full well" about the booking and even discussed the transportation from the Los Angeles studio where Lindsay is supposed to read the Top 10 list via satellite. He admitted that he got the idea to book his daughter the appearance after Letterman mocked her twice this month with his Top 10 list.
Michael added the plan crumbled down when Lindsay's reps started to meddle in. He said, "Anything positive that I bring into her life ... [her people] try to nix it."
The show, which announced Lindsay's appearance on Tuesday, February 15, released a new statement. "Lindsay Lohan will not be delivering a Top Ten list on Thursday's 'Late Show with David Letteman', as had been previously announced. We made a mistake. Someone purporting to be a friend of Lindsay's reached out to the show yesterday, allegedly on her behalf, and booked her to appear," the statement read.
"Clearly, this person was not authorized to make commitments on her behalf. We wish Lindsay well and look forward to having her on the show in the future." Lindsay herself made no further comment other than the tweet about NOT doing the show.
- Free the Nipple! Stella Maxwell Goes Braless in Racy Mesh Top
- DeMario Jackson Not Returning to 'Bachelor in Paradise' After Scandal. What About Corinne Olympios?
- Johnny Depp Jokes About Assassinating Donald Trump: 'Maybe It's Time'
- Khloe Kardashian Sizzling in Completely Sheer Bodysuit. Tempting Tristan Thompson?
- Chance the Rapper Apologizes to Dr. Dre for Degrading His Label
- Brad Pitt Wishes to Reconcile With Angelina Jolie Despite Messy Split
- Chris Brown Reveals He Tried to Have a Baby With Karrueche Tran
- 'Aquaman' Officially Casts Michael Beach in Potentially Significant Role