Full Winners List of BRIT Awards: Rihanna, Justin Bieber and Arcade Fire
The Tuesday night, February 15 star-studded gala of BRIT Awards hosted by James Corden has named its winners. Trophies redesigned by Fashion legend Dame Vivienne Westwood were handed to such singers as Rihanna, Justin Bieber and Arcade Fire.
After winning Best Dance Recording for her single "Only Girl (In the World)" at the February 13 Grammy Awards, RiRi followed it up by taking home International Female Solo Artist title. She won over Alicia Keys, Katy Perry, Kylie Minogue and Robyn. "Britain I love you, this is so exciting," she said when accepting the gong from Cheryl Cole.
Bieber, meanwhile, got his revenge after losing two categories at the Grammys as he grabbed International Breakthrough Act prize, toppling Bruno Mars, "Glee" cast, National and Temper Trap. This is his first BRIT winning, and he's thrilled with it, "I don't really know what to say."
"I want to thank my fans, all you guys are amazing," he said in his acceptance speech. "I want to thank the label over here, I and to thank Michael - over here you get an international rep and who travels with you all the time, so Mike, come up here, I want to share this with you, you're awesome."
The pint-sized singer was presented the title by fellow Canadian artist Avril Lavigne. "And a fellow Canadian right here! Thank you so much everybody," he hugged her before leaving the stage. Later that night, he revealed on Twitter that he "got nervous up there," posting "[I] couldn't remember anything. Lol. I did get to kiss Cheryl Cole and Rihanna on my way to the stage."
Arcade Fire who surprisingly won Album of the Year at the Grammys dominated the U.K. awards show - they scooped double prizes; International Group and International Album. "We want to thank all the British bands over the years that just completely changed our lives - from New Order to David Bowie, to The Clash, Culture Club ... and Depeche (Mode), The Smiths, every band that basically made us want to play music," Win Butler said. "So, thank you Britain. Thank you so much for honoring us."
Tinie Tempah also got more than one award. The U.K. rising star took home British Breakthrough Act and British Single. "I want to big up God and my family for sticking by me when times are hard," he said of his victories.
Cee-Lo Green won International Male Solo Artist, beating Bruce Springsteen, David Guetta, Eminem and Kanye West. "My heart is racing, I'm so excited, thank you so much for this honor, it's a pleasant surprise," the Gnarls Barkley star said upon receiving the award from Formula 1 driver Lewis Hamilton.
- British Male Solo Artist: Plan B
- British Female Solo Artist: Laura Marling
- British Breakthrough Act: Tinie Tempah
- British Group: Take That
- British Single: Tinie Tempah - "Pass Out"
- Mastercard British Album Of The Year: Mumford & Sons - "Sigh No More"
- International Male Solo Artist: Cee-Lo Green
- International Female Solo Artist: Rihanna
- International Breakthrough Act: Justin Bieber
- International Group: Arcade Fire
- International Album: Arcade Fire - "The Suburbs"
- Critics' Choice: Jessie J
- British Producer: Markus Dravs
More Rihanna News
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones
- Mariah Carey Threw James Packer's Laptop Out the Window After He Played a Beyonce Song
- Ariana Grande Is Sued Over 'One Last Time', Previews New Music Video Ft. Nicki Minaj
- New Set Pics Hint at 'Transformers: The Last Knight' 's Connection With Arthurian Mythology
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Haven't Put a Label on Relationship Even After Caught Kissing
- Justin Timberlake, Gwen Stefani, Ariana Grande and More Featured in 'Trolls' Soundtrack Album
- Naya Rivera Reveals She Got Pregnant and Had an Abortion When She Was on 'Glee'
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves