Russell Brand, Ricky Gervais and More Simpsonized
Al Jean and his team first teased "The Simpsons" fans with an animated version of Halle Berry who is hard to be portrayed "bad". They have now unleashed the rest of the Hollywood movie icons who will attend the special Oscar episode called "Angry Dad: The Movie".
Bart's cartoon about an angry dad is turned into "Angry Dad: The Movie" and quickly becomes a critics' favorite. When Russell Brand (guest-voicing as himself) presents the Golden Globe to Bart's film, Homer usurps the podium and gives his own acceptance speech. The film's winning streak continues with Homer taking credit at each ceremony, so when "Angry Dad" receives an Oscar nomination, Bart keeps it a secret.
With the help of DJ Kwanzaa (guest voice JB Smoove), Homer and Marge arrive at the ceremony just as Halle Berry (guest-voicing as herself) presents the award. Bart's fellow nominee, Nick Park (guest-voicing as himself), helps him realize that creating a film is a team effort, and Bart gives credit where credit is due.
The Oscar episode airs on February 20, just one week before the actual Academy Awards ceremony. In addition to Halle, Russell and Nick, the picture also debuted another look of Ricky Gervais. This is not the first time the recent Golden Globes host is simpsonized. He appeared back in 2006 when he wrote and co-starred in "Homer Simpson, This Is Your Wife".
- Ron Howard Officially Announced to Direct Han Solo Movie
- 'Bachelor' Alum Leah Block Apologizes for Racist 'Bachelorette' Tweet
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer
- 'Jurassic World' Sequel Reveals Official Title and First Poster
- Harry Styles Mourning the Loss of His Stepfather
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna