First Look at Halle Berry as 'Simpsons' Character
"The Simpsons" re-creates Halle Berry's 2002 Oscar red carpet moment, simpsonizing her in the same stunning dress that makes her memorable. The FOX animation is going to do an Oscar-theme episode on February 20, just one week before the actual Academy Awards ceremony takes place.
In episode "Angry Dad: The Movie", Bart's cartoon about an angry dad is turned into "Angry Dad: The Movie" and quickly becomes a critics' favorite. When Russell Brand (guest-voicing as himself) presents the Golden Globe to Bart's film, Homer usurps the podium and gives his own acceptance speech. The film's winning streak continues with Homer taking credit at each ceremony, so when "Angry Dad" receives an Oscar nomination, Bart keeps it a secret.
With the help of DJ Kwanzaa (guest voice Smoove), Homer and Marge arrive at the ceremony just as Halle Berry (guest-voicing as herself) presents the award. Bart's fellow nominee, Nick Park (guest-voicing as himself), helps him realize that creating a film is a team effort, and Bart gives credit where credit is due.
Al Jean tells TV Guide Magazine, "Halle starts talking about herself as she's presenting. She ad-libbed something she actually dreams about at night that we left in." As for re-creating her Elie Saab gown, Jean said, "We always ask the subject to give us a photo they'd like us to work off, and then we give the character an overbite. It's hard to make Halle Berry look bad."
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son